Email me new jobs like these
I am seeking a Tactical Inventory Specialist (Aircraft Components) for a permanent opportunity near LGW, West Sussex. My client offers the sale, loan & exchange of aircraft components, as well as repair management, leasing & contract support.
** Please note that relevant experience in the aircraft spares industry is ESSENTIAL to be considered for this role. **
The Tactical Inventory Specialist (Aircraft Components) primarily manages the return of exchange core assets from customers and to suppliers, the induction of material into the repair cycle, and the operational positioning of inventory across the global network for commercial programs.
The Tactical Inventory Specialist (Aircraft Components) will ensure that the company and its customers and suppliers are delivering to contracted targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs), and obligations while ensuring effective cost control, cost reduction, and exceptional operational performance is achieved for the business.
· Ensure requests & workflow throughout the customer service organisation is efficiently managed
· Manage & expedite of the core return process from customers, minimising the components time outside of the pool.
· Report on the level of open doubles exchange and prioritize the return of these exchanges within the initial 1st exchange.
· Ensure customer core returns are managed in accordance with defined priorities.
· Resolve supplier core return backlog, ensuring delays are kept to a minimum, encouraging excellent communication with the customer and/or supplier
· Pro-actively engage with the allocated Key Account Managers (KAMs) to ensure implementation of all contractual requirements to guarantee customer satisfaction and contract performance.
· Identify at an early stage potential problems and risks, evaluating and anticipating implications and being proactive with all concerned parties in developing and defining contingency/recovery plans and actions.
· Explore potential market source for new suppliers that could improve effectiveness, increase
profitability or enable the company to embark in a wider range of activities should this be advantageous.
· Co-ordinate with the KAMs and Inventory Planning team to regularly review open core returns and report on the status of fulfilment
· Induct assets into repair cycle
· Co-ordinate the movement of assets between global pool locations based on recommendations from Inventory Planning and Operational Team while keeping freight spend to a minimum.
· Regularly interact with the KAMs including but not limited to: Repair Cycle Management, Finance, Inventory Management, Traffic/ Logistics, Quality, I.T, Commercial and HR to promote ownership and a cohesive culture within the group.
· Establish and maintain a high quality of service to internal and external stakeholders.
· Respond to customer's and supplier's questions quickly and efficiently, building key relationships.
Ideal candidate profile:
· Inventory Management systems experience within the aviation industry
· Advanced computer proficiency: Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/Outlook and easily able to adapt to company specific internal IT-system(s).
· Negotiating skills: must have confidence and the ability to be persuasive and assertive.
· This role will be 100% office based
· Mon - Fri working week. 8.30am- 5pm
· Salary: £30,000- £32,000 DOE
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.