The role oversees all aspects of the company’s day to day Ground Operations to ensure compliance with the company’s Operations Manual (OM), in conjunction with the Company Operations Procedures Manual (OPM) and the regulations produced by the UK CAA and applicable Regulatory Authorities, under whose registers the company operates aircraft.
Main duties and responsibilities include;
· Oversight and management of day to day workflow of Operations Controllers as agreed by the Duty Operations Manager
· Assist the managerial team in ensuring staff are trained to the same standard, and assisting with coaching, developing and training of staff as required.
· Providing leadership to the Operations Controllers, escalating any issues to the appropriate management where necessary
· Acting as a mentor to Operations Controllers, ensuring all Controllers feel supported in their roles and self-development
· Acting as a role model within the Ground Operations community, correctly following, adhering and encouraging established processes and procedures
· Ensuring that all Operations Controllers provide the service above and beyond which is required by each of their Clients, aircraft and crew
· Any other tasks as reasonably requested by management
In addition, all Operations Controller duties will continue with the overall purpose to deliver safe, efficient and timely aircraft services to our clients, with principal accountabilities for the following:
· The efficient processing and planning of Company aircraft operations in accordance with statutory requirements and Company policy as defined in the OM
· Responsible for the supervision of Operations Controllers and other persons who may be employed in the Operations room
· Utilising the manuals and publications within the Company’s operations library:
- UK Air Pilot
- AIC (Aeronautical Information Circulars)
- ANO (Air Navigation Orders) and Regulations
- Company Operations Manuals
- Aeronautical Charts
- Flight Following
- Security Program
- Any other applicable legislation or regulatory documentation
· Close liaison as required with the Engineering Department and maintenance organisations regarding aircraft serviceability
· Processing pilot duty and rest records in accordance with instructions as defined in the Operations Manual and Operations Procedure Manual.
· Assisting the Managerial team with activating Operational Procedures, for example, Emergency Response Plans, Flight Watch and Overdue Aircraft Programs where applicable. These procedures form part of the Company’s Safety and Quality Management Manual
· Preparation and monitoring the validity of operations with regards to:
- Crew flight briefs
- Operational Flight plans, including airfield performance and airfield categorisation
- Flight Time Limitations (FTL) schemes
In the absence of the Duty Operations Manager, the Supervisor is accountable for the safety of the service provided by the staff on duty within the Ground Operations Team.
Skills and Experience:
· A minimum of three years’ operational experience, ideally gained within a Business Aviation environment
· Sound knowledge and understanding on national and international aviation regulations and the effect on day to day operational requirements
· Ideally, experience in a similar role within a similar organisation, together with the ability to deal with complex operational issues inherent to a fast moving environment.
· Excellent communication skills with a range of audiences, including senior management, board members and VVIP clients
· Experience of forming and maintaining working relationships across professional and operational boundaries
· Experience of working in teams, including influencing colleagues into delivering consistently high standards
· Experience of continued personal development, including ongoing training and mentoring to promote a cohesive team atmosphere and enjoyable working conditions
Completion of UKOMA training course a distinct advantage
Enthusiasm for continually seeking better performance from leading by example
Patience and ability to deal with challenges, whilst at the same time extracting the highest standards from your team.
This position is based at Farnborough Airport – successful applicant will be required to work 12 hour shifts including days, nights, weekends and public holidays and as such, should live within a suitable
distance to ensure they are sufficiently rested for their duties. Salary is dependent on experience and all additional Company benefits apply. All staff must hold a valid UK driving licence and own their own vehicle.