Email me new jobs like these
Opportunities have arisen within AirTanker Cabin Services for the role of main Cabin Crew based at RAF Brize Norton
Primarily responsible for the safety, comfort, and welfare of passengers. Works effectively as part of a team and openly demonstrates a flexible, positive approach to tasks
• Be aged 18 or over at time of application
• Displays strong interpersonal skills
• Displays strong technical knowledge
• Ability to contribute positively within a team
• Displays professional presentation
• Demonstrates flexibility and reliability
• Prepared to spend long periods of time away from base
• Act as an ambassador for AirTanker and a role model for other AirTanker Cabin Crew
• A demonstrable passion for both safety and customer service
• Demonstrate behaviours and conduct that are appropriate to the company mission, vision and values
• Have access to suitable local accommodation & be able to report to the Crew Room at RAF Brize Norton for duty within 90 minutes of being called out for duty
• Hold a valid passport (with a minimum of 12 months before expiry date) with unrestricted right to live and work in the UK and which allows unrestricted global travel
• Ability to acquire and hold a US Visa
• Minimum height of 158cm (5ft 2 in)
• Ability to hold and maintain a UK Civil Aviation Authority cabin crew aero medical report
• Be fluent in written and spoken English
• Be able to work shifts covering 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year to include public holidays & able to accept short notice changes
• Minimum 12 months experience in a customer service role
• Applicants must be able to swim 25 metres
• Candidates should be prepared to commit to ATr for the duration of their contract
• All employees of AirTanker are required to be security cleared to SC level. As a guideline only, you would normally need to have been a UK resident for the last 5 consecutive years
• Ability to obtain and retain an airside pass
• Vaccinated / willing to be vaccinated in line with company requirements
• UK Civil Aviation Authority regulations require that all current or former cabin crew inform us if they hold or if they have held an attestation in the last 5 years
• To be prepared to remove any headwear in the event of an emergency in order to be able to don an emergency smoke hood this includes headwear worn for religious and medical purposes
• Responsible for ensuring all aspects of safety and security are adhered to and compliant with relevant aviation legislation and documentation.
• Responsible for maintaining technical knowledge.
• Responsible to the senior crew member for on board cabin safety, service delivery and passenger comfort.
• Demonstrate good operational discipline through adherence to AirTanker Standard Operating Procedures making recommendations for the improvement of operational safety, efficiency, policies and procedures
• Reports safety related issues through correct channels, and is proactive in adopting the AirTanker ‘Just’ culture
• Ensure compliance with all corporate policies and procedures in accordance with relevant legislation
• Ensures all operational safety, security and health and safety responsibilities are performed to the highest standards in accordance with the Company Operations Manuals, thus ensuring compliance with Regulators, AirTanker requirements and all other relevant legislation
• To wear the AirTanker uniform to the required standard
• Support the senior crew member and work as a proactive team member
• Able to work on own initiative
• Communicate clearly and positively both verbally and non-verbally
• Actively promote AirTanker through positive behaviors and exceptional operational performance
• Prioritise & promote punctual performance
• Remain proactive in achieving company objectives ensuring relationships remain positive across all areas of the business
• Feedback through the correct lines of communication
• Be proactive in achieving company objectives ensuring relationships remain positive across all areas of the business
Working with like-minded people, you’ll also find a warm welcome here at the AirTanker community. We have an annual diary of organized events from family days and summer festivals to a social scene that has gone from strength-to-strength as we have grown. AirTanker is about much more than the ‘nine to five’. We will earn your commitment, offering you a unique opportunity to play a crucial part in a pioneering service that is working to deliver unparalleled support to the RAF and UK armed forces.
On top of your basic salary, you’ll receive;
• Annual bonus scheme (eligibility in current year subject to bonus rules)
• Private Medical Insurance
• Health Cash Plan
• Life Assurance Cover
• Income Protection
• Contributory Pension Scheme
• Local Gym Discount
• Plane Saver (Credit Union)
If you have any questions, please email: *******@uk.airtanker.co.uk
You need to have at least 4 GCSEs with English and Maths to apply for cabin crew in most of the airlines. The age requirement is 18 and above and having an EU or British passport is also required. Applicants familiar with a foreign language have an added advantage.
The field is quite competitive, the training can take from six weeks to months and years depending on the positions and airlines. If you intend to apply for an opening for a flight attendant, take a look at the Aviation Job Search that has promising job listings.
You don’t need to have a university degree for the application. Some airlines would only require secondary education and will do the necessary background check. You need to have a certain weight and height to be eligible for pursuing flight attendant careers. The cabin crew salary guide tells us that you can enjoy lots of perks like flight pay, allowance payments and commission.
Yes, you should not be less than 21 years at the time of applying for a cabin crew position. Piercings on face and any visible tattoos would make you ineligible for the application. If your height is not between 5’2 and 6’3 that can also get you disqualified for the job.
Getting a degree from a university or a college is not necessary if you want to become a flight attendant in the UK. Good academic qualifications with reasonable GCSE qualifications are more than enough. Past experience in customer service or hospitality can also be handy.
Flight attendant is a representative of an airline responsible for creating a comfortable, safe and delightful customer experience. Cabin crew works to make the journey welcoming and memorable for the passengers. Air hostesses and stewards ensure the passengers’ needs are taken care of. They can be called when needed and apart from serving lunch, dinner, breakfast and snacks, they demonstrate safety SOPs for emergency landing and other situations. Becoming a flight attendant requires effective communication skills as you have to respond to questions and resolve issues quickly. They provide quick assistance to the passengers especially if someone needs a nurse or medicine.
Cabin crew of an aircraft makes sure that the passengers enjoy a safe and happy flight. The air stewardesses and stewards help the passengers with seating, securely placing the luggage and serving them with meals and drinks. The flight attendants represent an airline, they are trained to be hospitable and empathetic. They ensure that a positive and likable image of a brand is portrayed through their genial attitude. Air hostesses also check the safety measures and equipment, they demonstrate how to use life jackets and emergency exits in case of an extraordinary situation. They also sell duty free items during the flight and help passengers with queries and complaints.
Flight attendants need to have effective listening skills. They should know how to communicate clearly with the passengers and give instructions. Air hostesses and stewards have to solve problems so they must be good decision makers. Providing memorable customer service requires a personalized approach, so the cabin crew should be friendly and professional at the same time. Handling pressure, staying calm and ability to handle different kinds of situations and passengers is needed for the role. Team spirit and coordination are also the qualities required for this position. Want to make your career as a flight attendant? Explore the opportunities at Aviation Job Search!