The role is positioned within the Integrated Operations Centre (IOC) as part my client's Supply Chain Team, but physically based within their client's airline Engineering and Supply Chain team in Dubai.
The role's main purpose is to fulfil operational demands from the airline.
** Relevant supply chain experience in the aviation industry is essential **
The successful Supply Chain Specialist candidate will:
- Work to deliver operational performance in accordance with contracted targets, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) and meeting obligations.
- Provide regular communications which are detailed and confident to provide feedback to all demands and queries.
- Ensure all aspects of Materials, Procurement and Inventory Management are efficiently and effectively processed within the pre-determined parameter.
· To act as a focal point, providing continuity for the airline's needs and requirements
· Responsible for all demand requests associated with airline/customer portfolio ensuring these demands are raised and fulfilled in a timely manner in accordance with contracted requirements & sources of supply are identified. Highlight any potential shortfalls, proposing possible solutions with the supplier and airline/customer.
· Provide a weekly update to the operational team, including when various checks and modifications are taking place, ensuring that shipping routes are pre-empted and timely updates to the airline/ customer.
· To be aware and assist as and when required with the airline/customer's daily operational demands process, assisting in the fulfilment of customer requests.
· Monitor customer backlogs, either system or operational, ensuring customer delays are kept to a minimum, whilst maintaining excellent communication with the customer, informing of potential alternative solutions & disruptions of supply.
· Regularly checking the company Inventory in order to fulfil customer requirements.
· In the case of a 'Nil; or No stock situation within the company inventory, investigate the possible fulfilment of the open demand by expediting the Repair/Purchase Orders or FOC exchange with the Repair vendor. Review the system for alternatives; review relevant OEM websites for an alternative that may be in stock. In the event the demand cannot be satisfied from any of the aforementioned processes, then tender the market for the most cost-efficient supply solution.
· Once the demand has been fulfilled, by either an internal or external solution, follow the demand through until shipping information has been provided by the freight forwarder, & communicate this information and any other updates to the customer.
· Providing feedback to the Senior Operations Managers where future improvements and changes to our procedures will enhance the operation.
· Pro-actively engaging with the allocated Program Managers to ensure implementation of all contractual requirements to guarantee customer satisfaction and meeting contract obligations.
· Ability to identify potential problems and risks related to demand fulfilment at an early stage, evaluating and anticipating implications, being proactive with all stakeholders in developing and defining any contingency/recovery plans and actions.
· Ensuring that where consumption can be forecast (usually for scheduled maintenance), economic provisioning action is taken to provide requirements in a timely fashion moving the need to purchase additional stock to maintain schedule.
· Regularly exploring the market for new suppliers that could improve effectiveness, increase profitability or enable the company to embark in a wider range of activities.
· Regularly review customer MBKs and report on the status of fulfilment, initiating the required transactions to maintain the MBK within the agreed parameters. Recommend changes to the MBK, in conjunction with the Program Mangers, ensuring key operational components are held within the MBKs to meet fleet evolution and contracted deliveries.
· Ensure that all components float levels accurately reflect the operational requirement by producing a statistical analysis so that any surplus or shortfall can be highlighted and rectified. Ensure all re-order levels, minimum order quantities, etc. are reviewed for efficiency to prevent over-stocking and/or stock-out at all warehouses.
· Establish and maintain a high quality of service to internal and external stakeholders.
· Build and maintain good customer relationships, making yourself available to answer customer questions in a timely manner.
· Report all information collected regarding any issues, complaints, customer internal changes, best contact/interlocutor, fleet evolution.
· Event management: To be in control of personal financial events raised against the operational team, ensuring these are reviewed daily, actioned accordingly and approved in a timely fashion so as not to disrupt the invoice clearance process, negating potential accounts that may be put on hold disrupting the supply of components.
Ideal Candidate profile:
· Advanced computer proficiency: Microsoft Office - Word/Excel/Outlook. Must be able to quickly learn internal systems and processes
· Must be able to gather information and use data to determine cause and effect for complex problem solving.
· Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills in English, both written & spoken
· Ability to organise and manage multiple priorities and effectively deal operate within taught tight deadlines and pressure.
· Must have confidence and the ability to be persuasive and assertive - creative to find cost driven solutions.
· An organised self-motivator
· Must have the ability to carry out and follow through on tasks with minimal supervision.
· Prepares for problems or opportunities in advance, undertakes additional responsibilities on a regular basis.
· Ability to develop and implement new ideas to improve processes
· Very detail oriented and always comes prepared.
· Ideally educated to Bachelor degree (or similar) or must have equivalent suitable experience.
· A broad knowledge and understanding of the airline industry and business environment including Technical Services, Operations and Customer Services
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.
Yes, working as a Supply Chain personnel can be a challenging profession. However, in order to ensure that everything runs well at every step in the Supply Chain, a great deal of attention to detail and business acumen are required. To learn about the latest Supply Chain jobs, visit Aviation Job Search.
It is unnecessary to be exceptionally gifted in mathematics for the Supply Chain management study and execution portions. You should be familiar with Microsoft Excel and basic formulas for calculating purposes, as well as have a strong interest in Supply Chain management. If you are able to obtain this, you will be able to attain more tremendous success in the same sector.
A career in Supply Chain Management is one of the most lucrative fields in the field of Business Administration. After completing a Master's degree in Supply Chain management, the average salary in the United Kingdom is relatively high. Nonetheless, one aspect might have a significant impact on Supply Chain Management compensation in the UK, and that is the industry in which one chooses to work.
Supply Chain management (SCM) in the airport industry entails monitoring the interactions between all chain members, controlling inventory, estimating demand, and receiving continual feedback on what is happening at every link, all with the goal of adding value to all members of the SC.
Some of the common job titles in the Supply Chain are Commodity Specialist, Business Analyst, Demand Planning Manager, a position that requires a bachelor's degree. Other titles include Vice President of Global Procurement, Director of Supply Management and Director of Distribution Management.
It is an unprecedented problem for the aviation sector to reduce maintenance costs, provide high service levels, and sustain inventory levels at current levels. Aviation sectors are now taking advantage of Supply Chain solutions to solve these difficulties in the future more effectively. For example, it is possible to estimate client requirements, assess the accuracy of stock levels, and study demand patterns thanks to the use of Supply Chains in the aviation business. In addition, aviation service companies can track maintenance costs in terms of time, components, and labour supplies by using effective Supply Chain solutions in their operations. Some of the job titles associated with this department are inventory clerk, production clerk, SCL Coordinator, SC manager, Director, analysts, and a variety of other positions as well.
Supply Chain managers are in charge of keeping track of logistics and updating the company's stock levels. They are responsible for analysing and resolving operational difficulties. Aside from that, they cooperate with vendors and suppliers to guarantee that all activities (such as shipping and delivery) adhere to the highest possible quality and safety requirements. Supply Chain personnel are responsible for the development and monitoring of a company's Supply Chain strategy. Their goal is to increase productivity and efficiency while lowering expenses while ensuring that their company receives high-quality materials. Examining data from the shipping and delivery processes in order to identify bottlenecks and other problems is also a part of their job.
To identify and implement cost-effective solutions for Supply Chain operations, resolve issues that arise (e.g., delivery delays, accidents) and collaborate with other departments to develop coordinated plans, you need business growth skills. In addition, they must have a thorough awareness of Supply Chain procedures, as well as extensive knowledge of applicable software and enterprise resource planning systems. Overall, the responsibilities of Supply Chain personnel necessitate excellent project management and problem-solving abilities. Visit Aviation Job Search to find relevant supply chain vacancies in aviation.