profile image
Tihomir Tubic
Emirates: Timeline
profile image
Jessica45
Please may I ask what day you received the call?
profile image
mrm3001
I received the call on March 15th!!
profile image
FutureEmiratescabincrew18
I don’t know you but I’m sooo happy for you.
profile image
Misskhash
Hello congratulations on your invite , if you do not mind me asking how many pages was your cv?
profile image
Jessica45
Congratulations that’s awesome news for you - well done!

I’m from UK and my timeline is similar to yours, although I was put on hold in October 2016. My friend, who has the same timeline as me, received her GC on 13th March. I haven’t had any communication from them since the two acknowledgement emails from when I submitted everything recently. I have a horrible feeling that my new application was missed, or I’m in a list to receive the dreaded ‘regret email’. Hopefully not the latter

Ps. I’m 28
profile image
mrm3001
Originally posted by @FutureEmiratescabincrew18
I don’t know you but I’m sooo happy for you.

Thank you !!! I’m still considering haha. Just flew Emirates in Y and the crew didn’t seem to happy.. too many serious faces there. I guess they are burnout
profile image
mrm3001
Originally posted by @Jessica45
Congratulations that’s awesome news for you - well done!

I’m from UK and my timeline is similar to yours, although I was put on hold in October 2016. My friend, who has the same timeline as me, received her GC on 13th March. I haven’t had any communication from them since the two acknowledgement emails from when I submitted everything recently. I have a horrible feeling that my new application was missed, or I’m in a list to receive the dreaded ‘regret email’. Hopefully not the latter

Ps. I’m 28

Don’t worry , I’m sure they will call u sooner or later . They want to recruit before the summer season.
profile image
mrm3001
Originally posted by @Desert_Hostie
You have to weight up the pros and cons, also it would depend if you have commitments at home like mortgage, do you have family members to take care of, etc

If you can afford the career break, and go back to your other job easily if you want to, then it's worth considering to take the offer. But if it would set you back in your job or make it difficult to return home, that's worth thinking of too.

my advice to wannabe crew is always: you must give it minimum 1 year. flying is a lifestyle not just a job, and imho it takes that long to completely adjust and ind your feet not only in the new job but in a new country. Also 1 year is the minimum you need to stay if you don't want to owe anything to Emirates. After 3 years if you sign contract again you get a retention bonus. (But check if this still applies, as they changed some conditions for new crew that did not change for existing ones)

Thank you for your advices! You are the most useful member we on this forum! Keep giving advices !!!!
profile image
Hadii
Hi im from mauritius. I applied on the feb and the status is still application received
profile image
user16937
Hey, I’m from South Africa and I applied in February

Application received 26 February
Application under review 18 March

Has anyone got assessment day invitation yet?

Other discussions going on within Middle East Airlines Forum

Emirates application form - ed...
17  33.47k 4 months ago
17 33.47k 4 months ago by Julia-21
Inflight Chef Etihad, Turkish...
7  1.13k 1 week ago
7 1.13k 1 week ago by Jordan Walker
Emirates Qualifications Query
4  2.25k 2 years ago
4 2.25k 2 years ago by david kane
Emirates app - complete in one...
7  1.83k 1 year ago
7 1.83k 1 year ago by hoai88
Qatar Amiri flight is hiring f...
8  8.3k 1 year ago
8 8.3k 1 year ago by su xeko

Other topics for Airline Specific Forums

Aer Lingus All posts relating to Aer Lingus
39  427.67k 1 year ago
39 427.67k 1 year ago by Aaron
British Airways Specific to British Airways
40  6k 9 months ago
40 6k 9 months ago by Marky Mcdoe
Virgin Atlantic Specific to Virgin Atlantic!
162  634.65k 1 year ago
162 634.65k 1 year ago by Lisa Harle
Easyjet Forum dedicated to Easy world..!
266  595.48k 9 months ago
266 595.48k 9 months ago by KL17
Qantas UK Forum For those working at Qantas UK
31  372.81k 1 year ago
31 372.81k 1 year ago by Charles Carter