CAE Parc Aviation has been mandated by our client, a leading MRO provider of engine, airframe and safety components to source a Director of Engineering. This is a leadership position and the selected individual will be instrumental in supporting the business strategically and will lead new product development.
Reporting to the CEO, the Director of Engineering will oversee all engineering activities within the organisation, adding value by promoting and expanding the company's engineering activities. The ideal candidate will have a proven Engineering track record ideally from aviation but not mandatory
Key responsibilities will include:
- Plan and direct all engineering activities.
- Align engineering activities and projects with company goals and objectives
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with both internal and external stakeholders. Provide exceptional leadership within engineering and across the company.
- Develop skills and knowledge of engineering team.
- Ensure all engineering is carried out in accordance with all applicable aviation regulations and standards. Utilize best practice engineering methods and technologies to drive business growth.
- Identify new product development opportunities supporting business growth.
- Provide strong leadership on all projects and develop effective project management methods.
- Engineering director provides strong technical input and contribution to management team
- Setting out Engineering budget and the managing of it.
- Developing new technical solutions that drive cost benefits and efficiencies.
- Working continuously to develop new solutions for customers.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Honours degree (Level 8) Aerospace or Mechanical Engineering
- 3+ years' experience within an engineering leadership role
- Strong Communication skills
- Experience executing and delivering engineering projects
Competitive package on offer including Performance Bonus, Pension, Life Insurance Benefits and free parking.
Equal Employment Opportunity
At CAE, everyone is welcome to contribute to our success. With no exception. As captured in our overarching value "One CAE", we're proud to work as one passionate, boundaryless and inclusive team. At CAE, all employees are welcome regardless of race, nationality, colour, religion, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, disability or age. The masculine form may be used in this job description solely for ease of reading, but refers to men, women and the gender diverse.