The aim of this UK based Technical Account Manager (IFC) position is to ensure that technical inflight connectivity issues experienced by airline customers are promptly resolved and accurately communicated.
The successful candidate will act as a customer-facing Technical Account Manager, coordinating with both suppliers and partners as required.
In coordination with Key Account Managers, you will also manage any customer change requests.
The aim of this role is not to wait for enquiries or reported IFC malfunctions, but to be proactive, to detect issues and inform the customer before they identify the issue themselves, or to coordinate escalation accordingly. This requires a significant level of analysis and investigation on daily basis.
When a commercial airline customer raises an enquiry, this role will coordinate the first level of investigation. This will include following up with internal teams and providing regular updates, as well as providing service performance reports to the customer.
You will also help provide advice to junior members of the team.
This role will be responsible for suggesting and implementing industry best practices across the team and with partners.
Always striving for continuous improvement, this role will also handle urgent requests outside of regular working hours. This will support team members and partners operating in other time zones
Central London office - 1 day per week. WFH 4 days per week.
* Act as main contact and technical customer account manager for Airline customers
* Ensure prompt follow up of the technical inquiries raised by the customers
* Perform investigations related to the fleets for which you are responsible
* Write technical requirements
* Support new fleets, new platforms, or new technologies as they transition into commercial service.
* Deliver reporting and analysis requirements in a timely manner based upon coordination with Operations and Field Service Representatives.
* Coordinate reviews with the customers and/or with suppliers
* Identify and propose improvement opportunities.
* Follow up on internal action plans to improve service performance and emphasise their benefits to the customer
* Track Change Requests from your customers, reporting them internally and gathering the appropriate 360° impact assessment and costing
* Understand existing issues and contribute to the reporting of new occurrences. Help with the investigation and raise any concerns of new issues internally
* Be the voice of your customers and their passengers during internal meetings
As a coordinator between Airlines and Partners, you will:
* Build support relationships with new partners and improve efficiencies in supporting existing partners
* Coordinate investigations with external stakeholders when appropriate (terminal suppliers, ISP provider, IFE-C suppliers, etc.) and track resolution.
Ideal Candidate Profile:
Essential Knowledge and Skills:
* Strong technical background with experience in at least one of the following areas: Aeronautics, Commercial aviation operations, Satellite communication
* Previous experience liaising with Value Added Resellers, Distribution Partners or OEMs
* Possess a supporting mind-set with a strong willingness to help and to find solutions
* Clear and concise communication skills; ability to articulate technical material to both technical and non-technical audiences
* Ability to build processes (simple and efficient)
* Excellent inter-personal and communication skills with the ability to build relationships at all levels
* Ability to work under pressure and against tight timelines
* Quick thinking and delivery focused with a meticulous attention to detail
* Accustomed to working in cross-functional teams
* Excellent organizational skills with the ability to multi-task
Desirable Knowledge and Skills:
* Experience of working in a wholesale environment with channel partners
* Experience in Technical Account Management
* Experience in Supplier Management
* Great company to work for - many locations worldwide, multicultural environment with over 50 nationalities represented across the company.
* Salary details available on application
* Onsite facilities - gym, restaurant
* Healthcare and dental scheme
* Life insurance
* Hybrid working - Approx. 4 days/week WFH and 1 day/week in the London office.
* Occasional overseas travel may be required
* All candidates must already hold the right to live and work in the UK at the time of application
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please apply immediately.
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at any time! Thank you for your follow!"