Morson Talent are currently seeking a IMOS (ASE) Operative to join our client a RNAS Yeovilton on a permanent basis.
The IMOS CHF ASE Operative will conduct the required inspections / maintenance on 845 and 846 Sqn Aircraft Support Equipment (ASE), Ground Support Equipment (GSE), Highway staging and Soft Landing Equipment to meet the requirements of the maintenance tasks for CHF HQ IAW 20210225-IMOS PP4 ASE Support SOR V2 and 20210331-CHF Cdo Merlin Support Role Requirements documents. Operate within Leonardo Helicopters (LH) Health and Safety requirements.
MAIN ACTIVITIES AND TASKS:
• The IMOS CHF Squadron ASE Operative will be responsible for providing maintenance support (1st signature) for GSE, Highway Staging and Soft-landing Equipment. Task include but not limited to:
• Conduct Weekly Servicing on 845 and 846 Sqn GSE, conducting Equipment In Use Servicing, weekly inspections and carrying replenishment checks.
• To conduct weekly inspections on 845 and 846 Sqn Highway Staging. Report all Highway Staging defects to One Hangar. The IMOS CHF Squadron ASE Operative will be CHF SME for assembly and disassembly of staging.
• Conduct maintenance Inspections of CHF Soft Landing Equipment.
• During periods of absence, the IMOS CHF ASE Operative must be able to cover the position of the IMOS CHF Squadron RE Operative which includes the following:
• The IMOS CHF RE Operative will be required to assist the IMOS CHF RE Supervisor in delivering the specified equipment configuration control, support, training and maintenance, servicing and defect rectification functions, including but not limited to:
• Conducting maintenance, servicing and defect rectification to CHF RE and TEE IAW relevant servicing and maintenance documentation.
• In absence of Supervisor supply, issue, control and accept returns of all Modifications kits and Role Equipment to the CHF Merlin Fleet as directed.
• Assist with GOLDesp data creation as required IAW JAP(D)100A-0409-1&2.
• Assist the IMOS CHF RE Supervisor to maintain compliancy with accounting transaction principles and regulations laid down in the Defence Logistics Framework.
• Assist with the management of repairable assets through workshops/supply chain.
• Assist the IMOS CHF RE Supervisor with the day to day running of the section and carry out any additional tasks as directed.
KNOWLEDGE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
Educated to a minimum of BTEC level 2 in an aviation related subject or have completed a recognised aircraft engineering training followed by significant relevant experience.
Knowledge of helicopter maintenance operations, supply chain and technical support processes, including practical experience of forward operational support.
An understanding of the military helicopter operating environment and command structure, and of deployment and operational planning.
Self-motivated, able to work within teams.
If you feel this position would be of interest, please apply using your most up to date CV.
We are collecting this company information for you and we'll make it available soon.