Location: RAF Coningsby, Lincoln
Contract: Initial 6 months (likely to be extended)
There is a vacancy at RAF Coningsby for a Hangar Support Operator, to be responsible for the general 'house-keeping' and provision of support to the Typhoon Maintenance Facility; to include the movement of Typhoon assets, tools and materials in a timely manner and to/from multiple destinations.
The job will require you to act on behalf of the Tool Stores Senior Supervisor and is directly responsible for the following:
- Driving of company vehicles around the Hangar and on-base environment.
- Operating, loading and unloading of delivery vehicles, ensuring safety for both assets and team members.
- Providing general hangar support activities, to include; general hygiene, asset collections/deliveries and control of supporting materials.
- General assistance in support of the Tool Stores and Aircraft Wash Teams.
- Assist the BAE Tool Stores Senior Supervisor during times of surge activity.
The successful applicant will need to demonstrate or have an awareness of the following: Confident and effective communicator.
WORKING HOURS - ON BASE
- 5 days p/wk (Mon-Fri) around relevant site core hours (7.30am - 4.30pm Mon - Thurs, 7.30am - 12pm Fri).
- Hours required to work per week are 37.00 unless otherwise stated (this does not include lunch breaks).
- Start and finish times to be agreed with local Line Management, in accordance with local site core hours.
- Lunch break allowance is 30 minutes between 12.30 - 1:00pm (or as agreed with Line Manager). 30 mins will automatically be deducted each working day by the electronic time management system.
- Dependant on workload, local management may request more or less hours are worked within this contract.
- Candidates should be aware that this position may involve shift work
Nightshift pattern Days: 07:30 till 16:00hrs and Nights: 16:00 to 02:00hrs
The successful candidate will be required to perform tasks suitable to the internal level of this role. The role will contain, but will not be limited to, the following:
The successful Hangar Support Operator will need to be able to demonstrate experience of working in a faced paced environment. They will also need to demonstrate, good attention to detail, with an awareness of operating within an aircraft hangar being of an advantage. The BAE Systems Hangar support Team is an essential part of the Typhoon Maintenance Facility. The Team is responsible for the general hangar 'house-keeping', the safe movement of aircraft assets, tooling and materials, within, to and from the Hangar and multiple on base locations. This role will provide the necessary hangar support required to ensure the timely adherence to the aircraft hangar maintenance plan. These roles will report to the RAF Coningsby, BAE Tool Stores Senior Supervisor.
There is a requirement to provide the movement of Typhoon assets, tools and materials in support of Typhoon Maintenance Facility Hangar activities. This role involves the loading and unloading of delivery vehicles, the general housekeeping of the hangar floor and the manning/support to the aircraft wash facility. In particular the role dictates driving box vans, flat beds and tractors (towing) around the hangar/on base environment, moving Typhoon assets, AGE, TMEC; materials and equipment. The successful candidate will have to demonstrate good attention to detail, both team and lone working experience and good communication skills.
A Logistics or maintenance background, preferably on an MOD establishment.
Familiarity with aircraft components.
Good team working skills with an ability to work alone when required.
The candidate must have a good knowledge of Microsoft Outlook
Communication, Team Working and Motivation are Essential
We are collecting this company information for you and we'll make it available soon.
Do you wish to replace the existing data in your profile with data from your new CV upload?