8 months ago
The Boeing Company is seeking entry-level Wiring Design & Integration Engineers). Electrical Design focuses on turning systems requirements into physical designs that fly people safely and efficiently all over the world. Our focus is developing cost effective technology that will enhance the safety of our products and the satisfaction of our airline customers and ultimately their customers, the flying public. This role is located in the Puget Sound area (Everett, Renton and Seattle).
As a member of our Wire Design organization there are a number of different path choices. Our engineers use their knowledge in a highly collaborative environment to define the right electrical parts, for the right applications, at the right cost. They architect the wiring layouts throughout the entire airplane based on stringent safety requirements while taking into account the most efficient methods to build and maintain the airplane. They often work closely with the factory and watch their designs become reality. Additionally, they work with our airline customers to incorporate new technologies and cool features into their airplanes. You will be teamed with an experienced mentor to help enhance your lea
• Working under close supervision, develops and maintains basic cable/wire harness detail and assembly designs to meet system wiring requirements (e.g., wire size, wire separation, grounding).
• Follows design guides to select materials (e.g., wire types, sleeving, shielding) and parts (e.g., connectors, terminal blocks, splices), creating parts lists, and drafting wire diagrams.
• Collects data to support the development of statements of work.
• Assists in data gathering of supplier capabilities.
• Reviews functional and physical input used in the development of integrated design and system architecture.
• Assists with engineering design disposition on discrepancies (e.g., rejection tags, production action requests, shop revision requests) by investigating manufacturing and test problems, researching and analyzing product data (e.g., drawings, parts standards, specifications) to identify solutions.
• Assists in diagnosing and responding to customers' issues.
• Follows documented processes, specifications, and procedures that support the design and manufacture of electrical commodities.
• Supports product and process improvements (e.g., standardization, producibility, reliability, maintainability, affordability) using electrical design/engineering principles (e.g., load analysis, fault isolation, materials compatibility, thermal analysis).
Boeing is the world's largest aerospace company and leading manufacturer of commercial airplanes and defense, space and security systems. We are engineers and technicians. Skilled scientists and thinkers. Bold innovators and dreamers. Join us, and you can build something better for yourself, for our customers and for the world.
Relocation Assistance Available
Yes. Available for eligible candidates, if authorized.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills & Experience):
• Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering or physics. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills & Experience):
• We are looking for energetic Electrical Engineers who want to learn and ask questions; challenge the status quo.
• A successful candidate must be comfortable in teaming environments
• Collaborative design teams is how we bring the best engineering solution to reality.
• Evidence of team design projects and previous internships is a plus.
• Good mastery of desktop computing tools such as the MS Office Suite help engineers communicate.
• Good verbal communication skills is important also.
Typical Education & Experience:
Bachelor, Master or Doctorate of Science degree from an accredited course of study, in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry. ABET is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
These positions are located in the Puget Sound area (Everett, Renton, Seattle). Relocation assistance is available for eligible candidates.
Yes, 10 % of the Time
Contingent Upon Program Award