My client in West London, close to Heathrow, are a large aviation company who specialise in supporting airlines in their overhaul of aerospace components.
They have just opened a new aircraft wheels and brakes overhaul facility and are seeking a fixed contract aviation Wheel Shop Maintenance Operative to support the logistic staff with the coordination, rearrangement and management of all wheels on the premises.
- Managing the storage of all wheels, tyres and brakes in the Wheel Hub.
- Receive the weekly supply of Serviceable Tyres from the manufacturer's courier. Load up the courier with all unserviceable tyres.
- Managing all yard movements, place wheels and tyres in the correct pick up and drop off locations.
- Assist with some basic technician duties such as wheel inflation and cleaning of parts.
- Identify potential blockages within the yard issues.
- Communicate priorities with the shuttle drivers.
- Provide daily updates and requirements to the Logistics Team Leader.
- Work at all wheel workstations as assigned by the team leader.
- Ability to undertake Material Handling to include Slings and Jigs.
- Ability to complete work in a manner that satisfies Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and working knowledge of COMAH guidelines.
- An awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company's environmental procedures.
- All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures.
The Ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with working to EASA 145 requirements
- Have previous experience in an engineering environment
- Have an existing and valid driver license
- Be educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent
- Be able to communicate fluently in English both written and verbal
- Have IT user knowledge (e.g. SAP or similar business software, Microsoft Office Excel)
- 12 months fixed contract
- Monday to Friday, day shift
- Salary: £17000 - £20,000
- Free onsite parking
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ivelin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.