My client in West London, close to Heathrow, are a large aviation company who specialise in supporting airlines in their overhaul of aerospace components.
They have just opened a new aircraft wheels and brakes overhaul facility and are seeking a fixed contract aviation Wheel Mechanic to carry out all maintenance work for aircraft wheels to the required quality standards.
- Proven ability to understand and interpret process standard practices, drawings and component maintenance manuals
- Independent inspection and repair of aircraft wheel parts within qualification profile
- Work at all wheel workstations as assigned by the team leader
- Ability to undertake Material Handling to include Slings and Jigs
- Carry out computer and documentary transactions as required documenting the performed work.
- Ability to complete work in a manner that satisfies Health, Safety and Environmental requirements and working knowledge of COMAH guidelines.
- An awareness and understanding of responsibilities outlined in the Company's environmental procedures.
- You will be required to maintain Practical Experience Record (PER) book and treat all provided tooling and equipment carefully to keep maintenance cost low.
- All duties shall be undertaken in compliance with Safety and Environmental Regulations and Company Procedures
- Carry out special assignments
The Ideal candidate will:
- Have experience with working to EASA 145 requirements
- Have previous experience in an engineering environment
- Have an existing and valid driver license
- Be educated to at least GCSE level or equivalent
- Be able to communicate fluently in English both written and verbal
- Have IT user knowledge (e.g. SAP or similar business software, Microsoft Office Excel)
- 12 months fixed term contract
- Monday to Friday, day shift
- Salary: £21,000
- Free onsite parking
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Ivelin.firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.