9 months ago
Barnes Aerospace Lansing division has an exciting opportunity for a Welder in our Weld department. If you are a high-energy, motivated individual who thrives in a fast-paced environment, you are encouraged to submit your resume for further consideration
* Responsible for welding complex assemblies that meet station planning and customer specifications.
* Set up of weld fixtures and tooling fixtures to prepare to weld complex assemblies.
* Will use metal finishing tools, basic hand tools and precise measuring equipment to achieve station planning specifications and finish product, i.e. pneumatic angle grinders, calipers, pie tapes, micrometers etc.
* Responsible for printing of station planning, recording throughput, completing routers and manufacturing orders accurately and completely.
* Responsible for maintaining safety standards and daily/weekly 6S assignments.
* Keep area and surrounding area clean and safe to meet and pass safety regulations
* General assist with others in department.
* Performs other duties as assigned
* Minimum of One (1) year of a strong manufacturing background working as a Welder.
* Ability to understand and follow company and customer specifications.
* Ability to regulate controls associated with all equipment utilized.
* Ability to operate Pneumatic hand grinders, basic hand tools, overhead crane, welders, (GTAW), pedestal grinders, resistance welder, vise clamps and drills.
* Experience with welding all sorts of materials, mostly metal objects.
* Have an in depth knowledge of GTAW and other welding practices and equipment.
* Ability to follow station planning and read blue prints.
* Knowledge of precision measuring equipment with ability to operate.
* Interact and communicate in a professional and effective manner with all levels employees.
* Schedule and organize time and tasks effectively.
* Ability to work in a challenging and schedule driven environment.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Ability to plan and perform difficult work processes.
High School diploma required
Job Location : Lansing, Michigan, United States
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular
Experience Required : 1+ to 2 years
Intended Work Schedule : Full Time
NEW RESUME/CV +
EXISTING RESUME/CV +
Who do you know at
Barnes Group Inc.
Return to Search Results