4 months ago
The Assembly Mechanic performs a variety of operations to assemble and make major assembly structures such as doors and mechanisms, and structural sub-assemblies such as rudders, flaps, and stabilizers.
The Assembly Mechanic will report to the Assembly Supervisor.
Monday - Friday 4:00pm-12:30am
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
* Layout parts per Manufacturing Orders and drawings and verify quantities and assembly instructions.
* Pull tools, jigs, templates, and fixtures for setups and replace when complete.
* Package and box assemblies for shipment per work orders and customer specifications.
* Operate designated machines and hand tools as required with little or no supervision.
* Familiarize oneself with Primus Assembly Processes and Procedures including applicable Business Quality Management System (BQMS) procedures as applicable.
* Ability to rivet, perform nutplate installations, bonding, brushing, and bearing installations with little or no instruction.
* Blueprint reading and basic math skills.
* Solid knowledge of riveting, nutplate installations, bonding, bushing, and bearing installations.
* General Tier II level aerospace assembly concepts and procedures.
* Familiarity with computer-based MRP data entry.
* Strong manual dexterity with ability to maintain close tolerances.
* Capable of using a variety of manufacturing tools and measuring devices.
* Basic English language skills and ability to read, follow, and interpret planning and work order instructions.
* Ability to professionally communicate and work cooperatively with others.
* Attention to detail is critical.
* Willingness to learn.
Experience & Education
2 -5 years related experience; High School Diploma
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.