about 1 year ago
Job ID #: 10983
Location: US - Florida - Largo
Functional Area: Supply Chain
Division: PIP - Measurement & Calibration Technology
Position Type: Full-Time Regular
Education Required: Not Indicated
Experience Required: Not Indicated
Relocation Provided: No
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday
Travel Percentage: 0
Supports Largo Receiving and Shipping activities and Inventory Control by performing the following duties:
• Trains and supervises employees in executing receipts of materials and shipment of finished good products.
• Plans layout of stockroom, warehouse, and other storage areas, considering turnover, size, weight, and related factors of items stored;
• Advises employees on care and preservation of items received, stored and shipped; methods and use of equipment in handling, storing, maintaining and shipping stock; and related problems;
• Reviews records for accuracy of information and compliance with established procedures, and to determine accuracy of stock levels;
• Schedules work for special and periodic inventories;
• Traces history of items to determine reasons for discrepancies between inventory and stock control records and recommends remedial actions to resolve discrepancies;
• Determines work procedures, prepares work schedules and expedites workflow; Assists employees in utilization of Oracle for managing system transactions.
• Issues written and oral instructions;
• Coordinates and assigns duties and examines work for exactness, neatness and conformance to policies and procedures;
• Studies and standardizes procedures to improve efficiency of subordinates;
• Assists Management in preparation and delivery of annual performance reviews;
• Assists Management in recruiting and interview process;
• Maintains harmony among workers and resolves grievances;
• Adjusts errors and complaints.
• Research and review freight forwarder routing guides
• Compares freight cost to determine best shipping method
• Processes export documents
• Maintain Import/Export documentation compliance
• Insure employees adhere to forklift safety regulations
High school diploma required (AA a plus)
Knowledge/Skills: UPS & FedEx online system, Import/Export documentation compliance, Used ERP system-Oracle experience a plus, Forklift certified.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.