4 months ago
VP of Sales and Marketing (AeroSat)
About the Organization
Astronics Corporation (NASDAQ: ATRO) serves the world's aerospace, defense, and semiconductor industries with proven, innovative technology solutions. We work side-by-side with customers, integrating our array of power, connectivity, lighting, structure, interior, and test technologies to solve complex challenges. For 50 years, we've delivered creative, customer-focused solutions with exceptional responsiveness. Today global airframe manufacturers, airlines, military branches, completion centers, and Fortune 500 companies rely on the collaborative spirit and innovation of Astronics.
We offer our breadth of technology solutions and services through 11 subsidiary business units and numerous award-winning product brands. Serving our customers is our first priority, and every day we honor this mission with quality, partnership, and energetic global vision.
VP of Sales and Marketing (AeroSat)
Astronics AeroSat keeps people connected no matter where they fly. For over a decade, Astronics AeroSat has provided fuselage- and tail-mounted SATCOM solutions for general aviation, business aviation, commercial transport, VVIP, and military aircraft around the world. We design and manufacture fuselage and tail-mounted antenna systems that provide revolutionary global broadband and television services for passengers and crew.
We are looking for an experienced VP of Sales & Marketing.
This position reports to the President and the primary responsibility of developing new business and achieving the sales plan with commercial customers including Airlines, Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEMs), integrators, and 3rd parties across the globe.
There is a high level of collaboration with other Astronics subsidiaries to support strategic corporate goals and to strengthen market share. As a member of the AeroSat leadership team, the VP of Sales & Marketing plays a key role in determining company strategies to optimize current and future business opportunities.
Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop a deep understanding of market and competitor landscape to strategically position and increase revenue and market share as well as strengthen its competitive position in the industry.
* The development of a sales plan that is scalable in accordance with the company's growth plan and corporate structure.
* Provide leadership and direction to the sales team to enable achievement of ambitious growth objectives.
* Build strong relationships with the customer base through networking and outreach to generate new business that will lead to profitable growth.
* Lead and/or support proposal activities to sustain and win new program business.
* Focus the company on activities that sustain high levels of customer satisfaction.
* Develop and track key performance metrics and use the data to help lead the organization.
* Monitor market and technology trends.
* Build relationships with strategic media outlets to effectively disseminate information and increase visibility.
Qualification & Experience
* Must possess aerospace/aviation/aftermarket knowledge, leadership skills, business development, marketing, and technical sales capabilities, customer knowledge; technical insight, exceptional project planning, organizational, decision making and problem-solving skills.
* Minimum of seven (7) years of related industry experience in aerospace OEM and aftermarket technical and sales.
* Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, engineering, or related discipline or equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Proven track record in winning new business and achieving objectives within a complex environment, resulting in the sustained delivery of organic growth in a global business environment.
* A natural communicator and influencer, using such strengths in often difficult and complex situations; especially competent at clearly setting expectations.
* Effective oral and written communication skills, including effective presentation skills
* Ability to work with a team and to get people moving towards a specific task
* Enthusiastic and passionate about the work
* Experience in setting goals, aligning teams, managing expectations, and driving the team to ultimately deliver to set sales expectations.
* Analytical skills in support of market analysis, business planning, customer/ competitor analysis and ROI models.
* Hands on knowledge of Aviation Connectivity and related services.
* Knowledge of domestic and international airline budgeting and acquisition processes.
* Knowledge of airline flight and maintenance operations.
* Knowledge of commercial aircraft Supplemental Type Certificate (STC) process.
* Demonstrated experience negotiating Product Support Agreements.
* Ability to create payback models for airlines.
* Proficient with Microsoft Office, CRM, ERP and other business computer applications.
* Candidate must travel as required to domestic and international locations to develop and expand market segments.
* Position requires access to controlled technology and information. To abide by Export Compliance Regulations, candidates must have either US Citizenship or US Permanent Resident Alien Status.
* Must pass a criminal background check and receive a negative drug screen prior to starting work.
* This position may be/is responsible for the performance of various functions that may be an integral part of the Company’s overall SOX / 404 internal control structure.
Astronics AeroSat Corporation
domestic and international travel
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected status.