Line Up Aviation has carved its own place in the recruitment of Aviation and Aerospace personnel all over the world for more than 30 years. We work with some of the industry's best known companies who demand the highest standard of applicants.
Role: Voice Software Engineer
Pay: £350 per day
Contract: Six Month contract- full time
Description of the job
The Voice Software Engineer is responsible to the Head of Software Engineering for executing allocated Voice Software Work Packages within agreed cost, time and quality constraints.
The Voice Software Engineer is responsible for demonstrating that the developed product meets all specified legislative and customer requirements, by:
- analysing requirements and specifying the software solution and work breakdown
- preparing software architectural and detailed design UML Models and documentation
- generating source code to implement all aspects of the software detailed design
- controlling and reviewing work of the members of their team (where a team exists)
- integration of software onto the target platform
- providing software technical support
- supporting the company software process and procedure updates
- Must have UK SC clearance
- Role is based at Newport, South Wales, with infrequent requirements for business travel within the UK
- All software is designed, developed, integrated and tested in accordance with standards; all supporting documents are produced in accordance with standards.
- Appropriate processes and methodologies are used to design and deliver allocated software development work packages meeting cost, time and quality targets, agreed with their development team leader.
- Technical design decisions are made within the context of known practices, established precedents and acquired "technical" expertise.
- The cost/benefits of design possibilities are understood, and that judgement calls can be made based on them.
- Software development plans can be estimated in detail, and resource requirements can be identified against plans.
- Success of both internal and external design reviews and project reviews throughout the development life cycle.
- The support of the design and development of critical components where decisions may have a significant impact on project timescales.
- Customer liaison, by representing the business on project related technical matters at Stakeholder meetings.
- Design and Development by taking a technical role as a Prime on a critical component where necessary.
- Planned versus Actual metrics for cost, time and quality against completed Work Packages.
- To design and develop the equipment identified in the Software Development Plan in line with project delivery milestones.
- To support the design and development of critical components where decisions may impact project timescales significantly.
- To provide technical guidance to fellow team members.
- Report to Team Leader as appropriate
- Technical interface to Customers
- Technical leadership and communication with team members
- Effective collaboration with other engineering disciplines to agree specifications and to carry out integration and test
- Co-ordinate own time management with regard to project task milestones
Tasks and Challenges
- The primary focus of the job is Operational - delivery of project funded Work Packages.
- Analytical - To identify and isolate errors in the product or system, their likely causes and solutions.
- Ingenuity - To work on his/her own on a complete design from concept to delivery, possibly across multiple projects.
- Needs to understand and devise intricate solutions to complex problems after lengthy and involved analysis
- Needs sustained technical understanding of all issues required to produce software for complex equipment
Management Challenge (if placed in team lead role):
- Needs to control the work of the software team to deliver the allocated project Work Packages
- Needs to use political and influencing skills to reach agreement on software matters with customers, project management, and engineering and support teams
- Must have experience of software design & implementation for secure data or voice network communications equipment
- Must be familiar with process driven software development
- Must have experience of the full project lifecycle.
- Must be an experienced engineer, fully versed in software methodologies for their field able to work on their own, but providing regular reporting.
- Implementation of LINUX software in C and including Kernel drivers and Embedded ARM
- Must be highly self-motivated, articulate, with good verbal and written communications skills
- Must have a good understanding of requirements capture, and of work package definition and estimation
- Experience of Requirements Management
- Experience of software implementation of data or voice network protocols (TCP/IP, SNMP, VOIP)
- Experience of using one or more of the following tools/development environments: Eclipse, GCC, GIT, SVM project planning tools - highly desirable (e.g. Microsoft Project)
If you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Donna Bettiss at Line Up Aviation
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"