about 1 month ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES:
• Visually inspect parts for surface finish quality, proper form and features, and for the presence of cracks, damage or other disqualifying defects.
• Perform dimensional inspections as required, using micrometers, indicators, verniers, plug and thread gages and any special hand gaging equipment required.
• Originate and maintain required inspection reports in specified form. Prepare necessary rework or salvage orders to request correction of discrepant parts.
• Detect faulty operations, defective material and report these and any unusual conditions to proper supervision.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Must comply with all applicable safety requirements, policies and procedures, while maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly work environment.
• Must participate in required training, medical monitoring, safety, and health evaluations and programs.
• Must wear required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) in all designated areas of facility.
• *Perform all physical functions of position; standing, stooping, bending, sitting, walking, twisting, kneeling, turning and lifting of materials up to 50 lbs.
• Meet established attendance standards.
• Work overtime as needed.
• Must report any work-related injury or illness immediately to your direct supervisor.
• Perform other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
• High school diploma or GED preferred but not required.
• Use simple arithmetic including decimals and fractions.
• Simple use of formulas, charts, tables, drawings, specifications, scheduled or similar information.
• Use precision measuring instruments, test equipment or other devices where interpretation is required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, walk, twist, turn, talk, and/or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit, kneel, stoop, bend, and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include: close vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.