9 months ago
VIE (f/m) in Engineering - Avionics Architecture
Airbus Helicopters Donauwörth
Airbus is a global leader in aeronautics, space and related services. In 2017, it generated revenues of € 67 billion and employed a workforce of around 130,000. Airbus offers the most comprehensive range of passenger airliners from 100 to more than 600 seats. Airbus is also a European leader providing tanker, combat, transport and mission aircraft, as well as Europe’s number one space enterprise and the world’s second largest space business. In helicopters, Airbus provides the most efficient civil and military rotorcraft solutions worldwide.
Our people work with passion and determination to make the world a more connected, safer and smarter place. Taking pride in our work, we draw on each other's expertise and experience to achieve excellence. Our diversity and teamwork culture propel us to accomplish the extraordinary - on the ground, in the sky and in space.
Description of the job
The Volunteer for International Experience (VIE) program is an international program sponsored by the French Ministry of Economy, Finance and Employment, open to Airbus to offer young professionals the opportunity to have valuable paid work experience abroad in a technical or business function.
We are looking for highly motivated graduates aged 18 to 28 years, who are citizens of the European Union (all E.U. nationals, plus Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein). Candidates meeting these criteria and interested in a VIE, please register before your 28th birthday For graduates who would be interested in a career with Airbus, this could be the start of a rewarding future in a dynamic and forward-thinking sector.
The VIE is a specific contract, under Business France's eligibility criteria.
Tasks & accountabilities
For Airbus Helicopters in Donauwörth within the department "Avionics Architecture Germany" we are looking for a VIE (f/m).
Start: November 2018
Duration: 24 month
We live in perhaps the most exciting time in the history of aerospace since the early jet and space age. Aerospace is increasingly impacted by many innovations such as autonomy, digital technologies, software, and many others. These are technology domains with exponential rates of change and with high potential to disrupt aerospace industry together with its products and services.
As a member of Avionics Architecture department you will have a chance to contribute to design, development, certification/qualification activities as well as innovation topics in the area of avionics systems to build the future of flight. The team is one of the key stakeholders and contributors to avionics solutions and it is at the forefront of technology by actively contributing to future developments activities.
Your main duties will include:
* Supporting avionics design, development as well as certification and qualification activities
* Contributing to keeping in-service helicopters fleet operational
* Writing and modelling of helicopter operational and avionics requirements
* Using Model Based System Engineering methodology and tools such as MEGA and Integrity Modeler
* Participating to the implementation of demonstrations of functions and concepts for example in a flight simulator
This job requires an awareness of any potential compliance risks and a commitment to act with integrity, as the foundation for the Company’s success, reputation and sustainable growth.
* Engineering Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Computer Science, Software Engineering,
Systems Engineering, Automation & Robotics or equivalent
* Following IT skills would be of advantage:
Avionics System Development according to V-Model
Avionics System Design Tools (Doors)
Interface Statndards (ARINC 429, 485, 422, etc.)
* Airworthiness / Certification regulations (JAR-29 or similar)
* Team Spirit, willing to work in an international Environment
* Rigourous, analytic, like working in Details
* English: Negotiation level
* French and/ or German: Intermediate