7 months ago
Location: San Francisco, USA
Department: Sales & Marketing
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Americas
We are looking for a Vice President, Sales and Marketing Americas to help lead a high-performing team of managers. This position will be commercially accountable for the region by devising strategies to meet all marketing and sales targets and to lead an evolving regional team into a data driven intelligent marketing sales force while ensuring the long term brand health and image in the region.
Reporting to the Senior Vice President, Americas, you will provide long-term vision and proactive solutions for the current and future business environment. You will create a structured and disciplined framework to hold teams accountable for their performance and to deliver results. This will include measurement of goals and continuous improvements to the business model to increase its effectiveness.
Revenue Generation, Sales and Distribution
* Deliver Americas Sales revenue to agreed target.
* Define and submit the yearly revenue target to Head Office in line with capacity growth & competitive landscape.
* Produce the yearly Commercial Action Plan (across revenue management, sales & distribution, marketing, loyalty and PR) in line with head office’s directives, local market trends and the revenue target.
* Negotiate targets and create action plans for all revenue sub-components and quality indicators with Head Office.
* Lead, provide feedback on local developments and improve distribution/ sales efforts including corporate selling, E sales, automation and sales force management for North America.
* Lead a team of online and offline sales managers and executives.
* Oversee the Revenue Management Team in the USA to generate revenue, measured through route contribution, performance vs. target, yield evolution, market share growth, and improvement of route efficiency.
* Manage and develop offline markets in South America, Latin America and the Caribbean via local BSP sales and a network of General Sales Agents.
* Establish relationships with codeshare partners to develop traffic from feeder flights onto Cathay Pacific gateways.
* Develop studies on identifying future gateways in collaboration with Airline Planning and Revenue Planning in Head Office.
* Lead business reviews and the overall assessment of performance, and where necessary, drive corrective actions to ensure organizational goals are met and exceeded.
* Ensure compliance to antitrust regulations for all employees.
Marketing & Public Relations
Manage through Marketing and Public Relations Managers in delivering various initiatives for the Americas:
* Marketing: produce brand campaigns to promote Cathay Pacific’s brands and products in an innovative and distinctive manner.
* Ensure brand guidelines are followed in the production of all internal and external communication.
* E-Commerce: create a yearly action plan aimed at growing direct sales and databases via CX.com using pricing, e-commerce and partnership actions.
* Social Media: ensure daily monitoring and develop regular campaigns across a multi-platform program.
* Loyalty: ensure strong knowledge of Asia Miles, Marco Polo Club across commercial & operational activities.
* PR: create and implement a yearly plan of actions promoting the Cathay Pacific Brand, its news, CSR and sustainability actions, internal communication through Yammer and public engagements for senior team members.
* Be able to act as one of the Emergency and Accident managers and ensure adequate knowledge and coverage for key responsibilities in the team.
* Customer relations: ensure reactive and proactive responses to customer complaints in compliance with the DoT.
Organization Management and People Development
* Develop and recommend budgets in collaboration with the VP Finance; monitor and control expenditures. Cultivate contacts with key industry representatives (business and leisure), governmental associations (HKTB, HKTDC), government representatives and local leaders.
* Work in collaboration with related Head Office departments for regular reporting of commercial performances, evolution of the competitive landscape, plans for capacity amendments, development of new tools and of new product features.
* Partner with People Manager on creating and fostering a performance based culture through effective talent acquisition, performance management, learning and development, employee engagement and retention.
* BS/BA degree in sales, marketing, or business administration.
* Ten or more years of sales and marketing management experience in a similar capacity within the airline industry.
* Demonstrated ability to create and lead performance and metrics focused teams.
* Successful track record working with a channel sales organization.
* You bring strong leadership skills with the ability to inspire and positively influence employees in your team and in the broader Americas team.
* Demonstrated ability to motivate and develop various team members, as well as hiring market-leading talent.
* Impassioned advocate of strategic planning and innovative thinking.
* Reputation for producing results and consistently meeting or exceeding business goals.
* Demonstrated ability to develop, manage and execute large-scale marketing and sales programs and complex projects.
* Extensive domestic and/or international business travel is required.
* All persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States. No sponsorship for employment visa status is available for this position.
Cathay Pacific Airways Limited will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Ordinance.
Cathay Pacific is an Equal Opportunities Employer. Personal data provided by job applicants will be used strictly in accordance with our personal data policy and for recruitment purposes only. Candidates not notified within eight weeks may consider their application unsuccessful. All related information will be kept in our file for up to 24 months. A copy of our Personal Information Collection Statement will be provided upon request by contacting our Data Protection Officer.