over 2 years ago
Job Code :
Hollywood FL US 33021
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
For 60 years HEICO has thrived by serving niche segments of the aerospace, defense, and electronics industries by providing innovative and cost-saving products and services. HEICO Aerospace’s high-energy culture focuses our Team Members’ on providing high quality products and services to our customer base, which is made up of most of the world’s airlines. Our “work hard, play hard” approach creates a dynamic environment that continually challenges our team members to perform their best. Forbes Magazine has recently ranked HEICO as one of the 200 “Best Small Companies” and 200 “Hot Shot Stocks”.
Jet Avion, a subsidiary of HEICO, is currently recruiting for the position of Vendor Quality Engineer. The Vendor Quality Engineer will be responsible for defining and implementing the company’s Supplier Quality Assurance Plan. This role will interface extensively with internal stakeholders to ensure seamless coordination and hand off for all quality related activities between the business unit and the supply base. It will entail managing the quality performance of third party suppliers together with continuous improvement, risk mitigation and management of processes and procedures to ensure optimal performance in compliance with HEICO quality standards.
The successful candidate will have a proven record of quality assurance achievement and in the application of quality engineering best practice. The ability to work in a team environment and under tight deadlines is essential. Excellent interpersonal, negotiation and influencing skills are required.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Analyze and understand product quality requirements.
2. Analyze and verify supplier manufacturing and quality capabilities.
3. Manage supplier quality performance to ensure compliance to specifications.
4. Perform extensive data analysis to anticipate trends and deviations and thereby facilitate proactive intervention to maintain project milestones and compliance to specifications.
5. Identify, mentor and develop suppliers as necessary to continually improve performance, mitigate risk and increase flexibility & responsiveness.
6. Perform supplier audits, supplier training sources inspections, root cause analysis and implement corrective action plans.
7. Participate in both Design and Process Failure Modes and Effects Analysis to ensure that product and process risk are identified and mitigated to allow efficient and effective manufacturing & supply.
8. Drive effective and timely communication between upstream and downstream stakeholders to ensure optimal supplier quality performance, agility and flexibility.
9. Proactively seek out and champion opportunities for improvement and innovation within the quality field and in the relationships between the business unit and the supply base.
Job Requirements :
* Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or related technical discipline from an accredited college or university.
* At least 10 years manufacturing/operations/supply chain experience with a minimum of 5 years of aerospace quality engineering experience.
* Strong working knowledge of FAA regulations and industry quality standard such as ISO 9000 - AS9100
* Advanced problem solving, including analyzing, investigating and following up.
* Proven experience in quantitative data analysis, measurement systems, reporting methodologies and MRB processes and on-site supplier audits.
* Knowledge and experience of manufacturing and inspection processes and methods as well as the ability to read and interpret engineering drawings per ASME Y14.5 standard and technical specifications.
* Fluent in English, effective communicator and competent presenter.
* Self-motivated and proactive with proven ability to self-manage and strict attention to detail.
* Ability to set clear goals, manage issues and escalate when necessary to achieve results.
* Intermediate proficiency with all MS Office applications and Intermediate/Advanced proficiency with MS Excel.
* Ability travel up to 50%
* Must be a “U.S. person” as defined by the ITAR (22 CFR §120.15).
* ASQ, CQE/CQA certification preferred.
HEICO Corporation offers competitive compensation, an excellent 401K plan, and medical, dental, life, and disability insurance.