about 1 year ago
Founded in 1917, Parker Hannifin Corporation is a $12 billion, global company.
With annual sales of $12 billion in fiscal year 2017, Parker Hannifin is the world's leading diversified manufacturer of motion and control technologies and systems, providing precision-engineered solutions for a wide variety of mobile, industrial and aerospace markets. The company has operations in 50 countries around the world. Parker has increased its annual dividends paid to shareholders for 61 consecutive fiscal years, among the top five longest-running dividend-increase records in the S&P 500 index.
Parker’s engineering expertise and broad range of core technologies uniquely positions the company to solve some of the world’s greatest engineering challenges. By partnering with customers, Parker improves their productivity and profitability and seeks new ways to solve humanity's biggest challenges.
Parker Aerospace, an operating segment of Parker Hannifin Corporation, is one of the world’s leading producers of flight control, hydraulic, fuel and inerting, fluid conveyance, thermal management, and engine systems and components for the aerospace industry. We design and build equipment for virtually every aircraft and aero engine being produced in the world today.
In addition to game-changing technology, our customers look to us for shorter lead times, lower costs, higher reliability, and lifetime support. All coupled with the positive attitude and innovative thinking of a true business partner.
Parker Aerospace provides unmatched performance for both our customers and shareholders, built on a foundation of core company values. As a result, our business growth is impressive and consistent. Best of all, our team members share in the success that results from that growth.
• Responsible for aspects of the aerospace manufacturing operation. This includes safety, manufacturing, assembly, test, facilities support and successful production execution. Champions lean initiatives throughout the manufacturing area to ensure they are fully embraced and implemented
• Drives a culture of accountability and results through strategic deployment and effective performance management
• Collaborates with Plant Manager to prepare capital plan to support site and division objectives
• Assures Operations staff alignment and capacity to meet business demands
• Develops, maintains, monitors, and initiates actions based on Operations metrics to support policy deployment
• Develops, implements, and executes product and processes consistent with quality plans that assure conformance to all customer and regulatory requirements.
• Develops and maintains appropriate relationships with external and internal customers to facilitate the successful accomplishment of business objectives
• Strategic planning development & deployment skills, familiarity with policy deployment approach; demonstrated experience with planning and allocation of resources, materials, and scheduling for maximum utilization of production facilities and personnel
A Value Stream Team Leader is accountable for specified value stream and shared resource operations to achieve results identified by the Corporation’s WIN strategy. Leads a team of empowered employees to continuously achieve and exceed customer expectations.
Responsible for team leadership, projects and resources of an operations area that includes more than one area of specialization or performs a centralized function. Typically a mid-management level at a medium to small division over multiple functions, or may be a single function that requires significant staffing and coordination at a large division. Functional areas within operations include: Manufacturing Operations: Assembly and Test; Inspection; Tool Engineering; Machining; Tool and Die; Industrial Engineering; Manufacturing Engineering. Operations Support: Provisioning; Materials and Production Planning and Control; Purchasing and Subcontract Administration; Inventory and Distribution; Facilities and Maintenance. Quality: Quality Assurance; Quality Reliability.
• Bachelor’s degree required in technical or business discipline and six or more years of related experience
• Advanced degree a plus
• Proven competency in a team leader role for two or more years, and/or demonstrated leadership of major projects or programs in a team environment.
• Demonstrated experience and results utilizing lean tools and processes
• Strong computer, analytical and financial acumen
• Demonstrated teamwork and team building skills in producing results and meeting organizational objectives. Capable of assessing and developing individual and team skills and capabilities. Able to create and maintain enthusiasm for new and challenging goals. Serve as a role model by promoting new ideas and positive change.
Pay, Benefits, Work Schedule
This position is on first shift, however needs to be flexible with the schedule based on business needs, including weekend and emergency off hours support as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Parker is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Parker is committed to ensuring equal employment opportunities for all job applicants and employees. Employment decisions are based upon job related reasons regardless of race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, gender identity, genetic information, veteran status, or any other status protected by law. U.S. Citizenship/Permanent Resident is required for most positions.
(“Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/VEVRAA Federal Contractor”)
How To Apply
Please upload resume in Word (.doc) format with your online application at parker.com/careers referencing Requisition #8944. A cover letter summarizing experience against above qualifications is strongly recommended.
This position is located in Camarillo, CA.