8 months ago
We are currently looking for a Value Engineer with a relevant degree in Aerospace Engineering or equivalent as well as 1-2 years working in the industry. Role will include identification of tactical and strategic component repair cost reduction opportunities through in-depth analysis of quote, teardown and shop reports. Successful candidate will be required to assist in the justification and negotiation of additional out of scope charges to customers.
* Review the cost effectiveness of fixed price repair inclusions and exclusions and provide recommendations of changes required
* Partner with Vendor Management and provide feedback on component repair analysis and trends
* Trend analysis of warranty rejections to identify adverse customer or vendor behaviour
* Identify strategic use of embodiment loans and piece part supply
* Review BER/HCR identified stock and provide repair recommendations
* Provide support to the Technical Service Engineers on remedies for Fail on Fit and Low Hour Failure components
* Vendor workscope technical evaluation against incoming component defect, physical condition of component after teardown, CMM workscope, Modification requirements, customer requirements.
* Vendor challenge of workscope content, cost and value
* Workscope definition and justification
* Aerospace Engineering degree, approved apprenticeship or equivalent work experience
* 1-2 years relevant work experience
* Aviation component workshop experience preferred
* Strong analytical skills
* Methodical approach to problem solving
* A commercial understanding of engineering decisions
* Excellent communication skills both internally and externally
* Team player
Apply for this job onlineApply
Email this job to a friendRefer
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.