Our client specialises in the management of aircraft component repairs for airlines, manufacturers and MROs throughout the world by using its industry experience, knowledge and expertise to provide engineering and business solutions that reduce the operating costs of its customers.
They are now seeking a Value Engineer to join their busy but sociable team in the south east of England.
Position: Value Engineer
Reporting to: Head of Value Engineering
Department: Value Engineering
Salary band: £26k - £32k
- To manage the process of ensuring repair costs are fair and equitable on behalf of the customer
- To deliver cost reduction and cost avoidance services in line with customer contractual and performance expectations for customer Return On Investment (ROI) and revenue
- To provide visibility of performance and progress to the customer and Program Management teams
- To identify new opportunities for Repair Cycle Management (RCM) cost reduction that benefit both the Company and the customer and develop solutions both tactically and strategically in the areas of Value Engineering, Warranty Detection and Turnover and Recommended Customer Recharge
- Business Development and Program Management teams support
- Evaluate and review repair quotations to ensure cost are fair and equitable e.g. contract enforcement,
- Warranty optimisation, cost reduction and avoidance opportunities.
- Identify opportunities for cost of ownership reduction
- Work as part of a team in the Value Engineering function and wider Customer Support and Supplier Management teams.
- Monitor and identify opportunities for reliability management and complete reliability reports
- HNC/HND or Degree in an Engineering discipline is desirable.
- Strong analytical skills with a focused and methodical approach to managing work.
- A strong team worker who focuses on the success of a team as a whole; with excellent interpersonal skills, clear communication and ability to negotiate effectively.
- Confident in using own initiative, adept at problem solving, willing to learn
- Able to prioritise and make decisions whilst balancing results with workload and applying appropriate attention to detail
f you are interested in applying for this position and you meet the requirements, please send your updated CV to: Hannah@luap.com
Due to the number of applications we receive, it's not always possible to contact unsuccessful applicants. Unless you hear from us within 14 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
"Follow @LineUpAviation on Twitter for all of our latest vacancies, news and pictures from our busy UK Head Office. Interact with us using the #LineUpAviation tag at anytime! Thank you for your follow!"
Line Up Aviation is a recruitment agency.