8 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring USV Naval Systems Engineers in Hunt Valley, Maryland.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at.
Our client is looking for someone to join the unmanned surface vessel team who has knowledge of naval architecture and engineering, which includes an understanding of the design and operation of shipboard systems. Ideally, the candidate will be able to provide feedback across multiple programs, and may be able to consult on things like craft design, controls, automation, etc. They will help support the full lifecycle of engineering programs.
* Create concepts of operation and system architecture for Unmanned Naval Vessels for existing or novel commercial, industrial, or military mission requirements
* Design systems to apply autonomous and remotely piloted capabilities within existing naval operation regulations, communication standards, and marine environments.
* Perform, or review, naval craft performance calculations
* Perform, or review, naval craft production readiness reviews
* Develop technical and cost proposal responses for must-win programs
* Interface constantly with internal and external customers and suppliers
* Prepare and present engineering work products to internal review teams and external customers at program milestone reviews and as deliverable reports
* Generate Statements of Work for design, manufacture, or test, and monitor outside contractor performance
* Support full-life cycle engineering development activities
* Execute lead systems engineering tasks – including (but not limited to) requirements analysis, trade studies, requirements derivation, design review support, integration planning, test, verification, risk management, earned value management and engineering analysis
* Drive tasks to completion independently
* Other duties as assigned
* Must be a U.S. citizen
* Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Software, or Systems Engineering required; Marine or Naval Engineering preferred; Master’s Degree preferred
* Minimum 5 years’ related work experience in Naval operations and design
* Experience with command and control systems strongly preferred
* Experience with model based systems engineering methods and tools is strongly preferred
* Working knowledge of Military Standards strongly preferred
* Effective technical writing and presentation skills
* Solid working knowledge of Microsoft Office products (i.e., Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio)
* Active Secret Clearance preferred; Secret eligibility required
STS Technical Services offers direct deposits / electric payroll, an awesome medical insurance program, cash advances, and the opportunity to refer a friend for compensation.
We know it takes great people to do great work, so if you’re interested in joining the STS Aviation Group family, we encourage you to apply on this page. Have questions? Give us a call. .
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.