3 months ago
Undersea Warefare Systems Engineer / UW Systems / AEGIS / US Navy / Bath, ME
Job ID: 476157BR Date posted: Apr. 10, City: Bath State: Maine
Description:At Lockheed Martin Rotary and Mission Systems (RMS), we are driven by innovation and integrity. We believe that by applying the highest standards of business ethics and visionary thinking, everything is within our reach – and yours as a Lockheed Martin employee. Lockheed Martin values your skills, training and education. Come and experience your future!
This position is that of Undersea Warfare Systems Engineer for Aegis ships built in Bath, ME. Responsible for planning, managing and evaluating the technical quality assurance, installation and testing of the shipboard Undersea Warfare Systems (UWS). These systems include LAMPS, SVTT, NIXIE, and Underwater and Surveillance Systems peripherals (AN/WQC-2, AN/WQC-6, AN/UQN-4A, ARR-75, XBT). Provide Subject matter expertise to shipbuilder for Undersea Warfare Systems installation.Ensure proper operation and maintenance documentation is maintained for responsible equipment.
Determine and prioritize failed part requirements and advise logistics on recommended actions.
Evaluate shipyard care and protection of Government Furnished Equipment (GFE) during installation and test. Monitor all trial cards generated prior to Sea Trials and Sail away. Ensure proper operation and maintenance documentation is maintained for responsible equipment.
Experienced with operation and maintenance of Undersea warfare equipment; hardware/software.
• Experience solving complex system problems
• Knowledge of UWS testing procedures and the ability to analyze test results and report findings
• Must be physically able to support embarkation on U.S. Navy ship underway
• Candidate should possess strong analytical and problem solving skills with good written and verbal communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work in a multi-corporate team with minimal supervision in an interrupt-driven, multi-tasking environment
• Intermediate level of competence with Microsoft Office (specifically Word, Excel, Power Point and Project)
• Must be able to obtain and maintain a SECRET security clearance
• Candidate will be subject to drug screening as per company policy
• Ability to travel up to 15 percent of the time
Familiarity with various UW systems/equipment such as:LAMPS, SVTT, NIXIE, and Underwater and Surveillance Systems peripherals (AN/WQC-2, AN/WQC-6, AN/UQN-4A, ARR-75, XBT).
• An understanding of US Navy preventive and corrective maintenance procedures and proficiency in reading technical documents is desired
• Experience with large scale Ship Integration and Test practices
• Experience interfacing with US Navy personnel and familiarity with US Navy command structure
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: Possible Career Area: Test Engineering Clearance Level: Secret Type: Full-Time Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First