3 months ago
When you’re one of our team, you’ll play a vital part in every customer’s journey.
The part you’ll play
Being at the heart of our operation you will be coordinating all functions around the aircraft to enable a safe, secure and on time departure within a scheduled turn-around time. Whether you’re liaising with the flight crew, preparing flight paperwork or supervising the activity around the aircraft you’ll be a reliable pair of hands that ensures a safe, secure and on time departure for our customers. Following airline-specific procedures, you’ll put our customers’ - and their customers’ - needs at the heart of everything you do.
* Direct ground handling activities to ensure delivery of a safe, secure and punctual aircraft turnaround, acting as the focus for safe processes and procedures.
* Maintain effective co-ordination of the suppliers and contractors engaged in the functions involved with the aircraft turnaround.
* Act as the key liaison with all operational agencies including crews on issues arising, ‘owning’ the aircraft during the turnaround.
* Responsible for checking that the documents handed to the crew are for the appropriate flight, date and aircraft.
* Responsible for ensuring that agreed Acceptance and Authorisation (AAA) Baggage reconciliation procedures are followed and that the required paperwork is completed prior to departure.
* Responsible for ensuring airline products are delivered consistently to demanding service level standards and on time performance targets.
* To assist with passenger services and passengers being directed to and from the aircraft in a safe manner.
* To comply with all airlines weight & balance documentation and load sheet regulations and to convey the loading instruction to ramp staff.
What you’ll need to bring:
* Previous Dispatch experience would be advantageous.
* Well organised, meticulous attention to detail and accuracy, able to work on own initiative to specific deadlines, have the ability to recognise and deal with challenges promptly and efficiently.
* Ability to work within a pressured environment being flexible to adapt to changing demands/circumstances.
* Team player with strong interpersonal skills.
* Ability to influence, negotiate and communicate effectively at all levels.
* Ability to work shift work.
What you’ll get in return
You’ll be part of a friendly organisation who values the part their people play. You’ll see that there’s no place like an airport to work in, either. A unique, fast-paced environment, bustling with people, it’s a world in itself, where every day brings a new experience. So, you’ll enjoy plenty of variety and development opportunities and you’ll have our full support and training, for the whole of your career journey with us.
Working in an Airside role, to follow aviation security requirements, you will be required to hold a full Airside Security Pass. To obtain this we will need 5 years' full referencing history, with a Criminal Record Check.
About Menzies Aviation
Menzies Aviation is a global provider of customer, ramp and cargo handling services. Our people are the friendliest faces and safest of hands for millions of customers, making sure that luggage is processed, aircraft are ready for boarding, and baggage is handled with care.
Operating at over 140 stations in 31 countries and supported by a worldwide team of over 21,000 employees, we serve over 500 airlines handling over a million flights, and 1.6 million tonnes of cargo every year... and, we’re still growing our business. We work to be the best at what we do, and that means employing and supporting the best people.
Please apply via the Apply button