4 months ago
Transition Supplier Development Engineer - Phoenix, AZ (or other Arizona Aero Sites)
Deliver business value through Right and Fast partnership
Role is primarily 1st shift but other shift work may be required periodically to accommodate global time zones.
This Supplier Quality Engineer (SQE) position is responsible for supporting and enabling the Aerospace Supplier Performance Management Transition Supplier Quality Team. This SQE work responsibility is centered on performing: the Quality function standard work embedded in the Honeywell Buy to Buy Transition Support Guideline defined in AG 5932, the Honeywell Supplier Common Assessment (HSCA) tool, Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQP) and supplier selection processes.
Responsible for ensuring compliance and flow down of regulatory agency, government regulations, engineering specifications, customer requirements and company policies/procedures.
Responsibility includes performing and monitoring the Quality Function Honeywell Standard Transition Process Key Deliverables. The key deliverables include but are not limited to providing the product/site flow down requirements to supplier, leading the HSCA, preparing a part risk mitigation plan, mentoring the Last Article Inspection Report (LAIR)/FAIR plan, applying APQP methodology, establishing and inputting financial cost estimates and mentoring the Production Readiness Review.
Responsible for ensuring that the go to supplier performance is dramatically better than the previous supplier.
Responsible to support commodity hardware transitions, the supplier rationalization process/sourcing plans and the development/implementation of supplier quality improvement plans.
Provide first line of oversight to the aerospace supplier selection committee on matters of controlled source, NADCAP, FAA and export compliance.
Solid process control knowledge with full understanding of APQP - Process Maps, Process FMEA’s, Process Control Plans and the definition of adequate and appropriate Error Proofing methods.
Ability to interpret Engineering prints, specifications and Geometrical Dimensioning and Tolerancing.
Strong quality engineering capability including auditing, Root Cause-Corrective Action (RCCA), Quality Management System knowledge, inspection planning, functional test application strategy, and overall process control from a risk mitigation approach.
Persuasive interpersonal skills are required to handle difficult situations as well as to diffuse interpersonal conflict effectively.
Robust analytical ability to evaluate and identify appropriate alternative courses of action for definition and resolution of problems that are highly unusual and/or complex.
Global Mindset: Capable of working effectively across borders with employees, customers and shareholders to develop business opportunities that lie beyond community and country borders. Supports sourcing for representing quality to manufacture, deliver products and services efficiently/effectively globally. Understand commercial, legal, financial and human resource systems in countries where the business operates.
Travel up to ~30%
Attending project and department meetings
Gathering and analyzing supplier performance data
Supply Chain Risk Identification and Mitigation
Creating of and implementation of APQP at suppliers
YOU MUST HAVE
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Business, Management, Materials, Supply Chain, or Finance
· Minimum 3 years of one or more of the following: Quality, Business, Supplier Management background (supplier quality and/or development)
· Must be a U.S. citizen due to contractual requirements
· Strong process
control knowledge base.
· Mechanical and
or electronics commodity manufacturing knowledge.
· Professional Certification (ASQ-CQE/CQA) or equivalent RAB qualification preferred.
· Comprehensive knowledge of Quality Assurance Engineering and practices applicable to the manufacture of aerospace products including regulatory, military, commercial, and industry/customer
standards (i.e., ISO9001-2000, AS9100).
· Experience with Honeywell Aerospace products or related products and customers preferred.
· Certified Green belt / Lean Expert / Black Belt preferred.
· Self-motivated professional able to lead others engaged in assigned project support.
· Ability to comprehend tasks, train others to perform the associated tasks, and able to track and report results.
· Self-starter with ability to perform to department standard work with minimal direction.
· Able to foster Teamwork & Diversity.
· Highly motivated ability to mentor, coach, and mitigate areas requiring improvement.
· Expertise and working ability with the following:
· Microsoft Office Professional Suite > all programs
· SPOC Manual
· Honeywell Aerospace Supplier Portal (HASP)
Must be a US Citizen due to contractual requirements.
Celebrating 100 Years In Aviation
* 1st Shift
* Relocation Provided
* Continued Professional Development
* Job ID: HRD51117
* Category: Procurement
* Location: Phoenix, AZ USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.