8 months ago
Trade Compliance Officer
Specific Job Description
* Carry out export license accounting ensuring compliance under the (Department of International Trade) DfIT remit for record keeping when using export licenses for controlled goods. Maintain suitable procedures and records to demonstrate control of exports to meet DfIT compliance audits, HMRC desk audits and/or corporate audits and other company standards.
* Support the Business Development and Technical departments with export licencing for all demonstrations, exhibitions and trade shows, including Co-ordination with DfIT (Department of International Trade) for F680’s as necessary and in liaison with the PPOB.
* Manage imports for the business in liaison with the PPOB Lead Shipping Officer by implementing the correct clearance instruction.
* To manage, record and briefing all travel requests and provide approval for the LT business including the issue of export licensing provenance on a case by case basis.
* To be the point of contact for HSE enforced REACH and CLP in the business where imported goods are required to communicate to the next customer in accordance with ECHA Guidance and Article 33 of REACH.
* Carry out post auditing checking of all exports & imports made on behalf of the business on a monthly basis and maintain records thereto for AEO purposes.
* Provide control and accounting of US licensing and Agreements and to provide export advice on US retransfers and/or US licensing requirements in new business ventures.
* Perform record checking of US licence and agreements and identify records of exports made in this arena of compliance for Sensitive and Assets obtained under 22 CFR 120-130 aka ITAR.
* Liaise with purchasing, engineering, projects, commercial and other functions to ensure compliance with and an understanding of US ITAR, EAR and End Use requirements and other US requirements
* Maintenance and coordination of US Authorisations including Technical Assistance Agreements, Manufacturing Licence Agreements, US Licences and exemptions
* Co-ordination of Private Venture Grading (PVG) and trade compliance ratings (Control List Classifications for Export/import activities including the flow of traffic to/from foreign destinations, brokerage and customs transactions.
* Maintain Review on site visits considering UK and US controls on access to Military equipment.
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
United Kingdom (UK)
Rotary and Mission Systems Logistics and Training (RMS LT) entity provides a diverse range of products, services and capabilities. The Training product line ranges between CBT (Computer-based-training) through to high-fidelity, full-mission simulators for military and civilian domains. The logistic product range includes aircraft ground support equipment, automatic test equipment, health and usage monitoring systems and logistic support software. RMS LT is one of the smaller but growing divisions of Lockheed Martin.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Proven experience working to Import and Export Regulations and under customs procedures.
* Excellent interpersonal skills with a critical eye for detail
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* The successful TCO should have experience working within the Defence/Aerospace Industry.
* The candidate must have a good understanding of UK import and export requirements for military products and a good basic understanding of US ITAR and EAR regulations including their impact in the UK.
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.