Oaklands Global have been commissioned by an international aviation client to recruit an expert in international trade compliance, primarily focusing in German/EU and US markets.
This is a permanent role based in Düsseldorf.
As a trade compliance expert, you will be responsible to ensure that the company comply with the import and export laws of the United States, the European Union (EU), Germany and those countries where our client conducts business, by implementing, maintaining and optimizing reliable and cost-efficient processes. You will be interfacing with Parts & Distribution, International Trade Compliance, Finance and our clients European Service Network.
• Act as a central point of contact for trade and customs issues within the company’s European network
• Definition and documentation of export and customs (import) processes
• Help prioritize resolution of risks and opportunities to minimize risk to company
• Review EU and Export Control laws to determine the appropriate Export Control jurisdiction, classification and licensing authorities (determinations) for product transferred and exported outside the EU.
• Document determinations in accordance with the company’s policy, and compile data for upload to the Company’s compliance databases
• Validation and maintenance of master data and tariff codes used for customs declarations
• Review data for accuracy and consistency with like legacy parts, and compile data for upload to the Company’s compliance databases
• Lead the implementation for license applications and report requirements, acts as a liaison with government agencies, accompanies agency audits
• Assist the team in identifying any relevant and priority legacy parts that need to be loaded into the Company’s compliance databases to facilitate Company trade objectives and activities
• Assist with internal assessments of EU export/import transactions of various shipping points to ensure compliance with company and regulatory requirements
• Map shipping process flows to assist in the identification of best practices and identify opportunities for improvement
• Design, implement and manage a robust EU and Germany customs compliance program, including completion of internal audits and self-assessment programs
• Design and implement an ongoing training and communication program on import/export awareness for Parts & Distribution staff, focusing on product and non-product issues and the regulations around common commodities (e.g. export control (EU))
• Collaborate with logistics service providers and customs brokers to ensure cost efficient processes
• Bachelor’s degree required (MS/MA/BS/BA)
• Minor or relevant coursework in Technical Writing, Business Administration, or Computer Programming is also beneficial
• Demonstrated background in International Transportation and Logistics, Customs Compliance or Import/Export regulatory compliance required
• Minimum of 5 years direct regulatory or relative experience
• Creative thinker - Quickly grasps new concepts when faced with unfamiliar tasks
• Strong analytical, research and problem-solving skills, with the ability to use IT tools effectively (proficiency in SAP GTS, Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to develop and provide technical compliance training
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Professional and diplomatic demeanour
• Very good communicating, mediating, negotiating, and influencing skills
• Ability to train, develop, and motivate
• Aviation experience preferred, but not essential
• Fluently English speaking and writing
• Willingness to travel occasionally
Why work with Oaklands Global?
Oaklands Global has over 50 years combined experience supporting candidates at all levels to help identify and secure their next position. At Oaklands Global we manage all applications with the upmost professionalism and confidentiality.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please apply today to William Finden in confidence.
Whether your profile is shortlisted to the next step of the application process or not, we will keep you informed by telephone or by email.