Tooling Design Engineer
Morson have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Tool Designer to join a leading Aerospace manufacturer on an initial 6-month contract at their Filton office. This site specialises in the assembly & manufacture of structural wing components for civil and military aircraft, so the role is ideally suited to someone with a background in tooling production for the Aerospace industry.
Please see below for details:
Pay Rate: £34.00 LTD per Hour
Duration: 6 Month Contract
To support the Tool Design Engineering Group Leader in fulfilling NEO tool design requirements for commercial aircraft wing assembly. The tool design engineer will be expected to provide their specialist support across all work streams where needed. The job holder will be responsible for tool designs relating to all steady state tooling across all functions and required to support manufacturing engineering by delivering tooling solutions and process improvements.
* Provide drawings and support engineers
* Liaise with supply chain on manufacture
* Liaise with tool engineering, manufacturing engineering and shop floor operators
* Adhere to all relevant quality and safety procedures
* Attend Daily / weekly Project meetings
* Design schemes for process improvements
* Estimate and supply design costs
* Project manage design phase on tooling projects
* Create IGES files to enable shop floor to manufacture on CNC
* Carry out third party checking of tool drawings
* Manage data storage in TDO archive
* Maintain the assembly build jigs and support the tooling philosophy to ensure alignment with the manufacturing process and build philosophy
* Develop operational tooling concepts at the request of value streams
* Investigate process improvements and build issues
* Compile and support data exchange forms and monitor through data exchange process
* Liaison with ME/Tool engineers
* Full understanding of tool recertification requirements
* Full understanding of ICY requirements relating to tooling
* Comply with site health and safety requirements where applicable to jig and tool
* Understand lifting and handling regulations applicable to tooling
* Understanding the principles of working at height & ergonomic regulations
* Capture all lessons learnt from previous projects
* Development of initial concepts to capture tooling requirements
* Support Engineering Group Leader with changes to Tooling Procedures.
* Record all tooling data movements between the client, tooling supply base and customer.
* Catia V5 - Essential
* ONC, HNC in mechanical engineering or equivalent experience.
* Knowledge of assembly processes.
* In depth knowledge of Technical Drawing procedures, practices and GD&T is required.
* Experience in tooling production for aerospace industry.
* Sound understanding of aircraft product design and assembly process.
* Understand requirements of technical files.
* SAP literate - be able to read TDF's etc within the SAP system.
ADDITIONAL SECURITY INFORMATION: We seek a Tooling Design Engineer who has ideally worked in an Aerospace or Defence environment within the last 12 months, or who is capable of obtaining Baseline Security Clearance (BPSS).