5 months ago
Thursday, May 24, 2018
Working under the direction of the Metrology and Supplier Quality Engineering Manager, the Tool and Gage Inspector must be cleared as Employee Possessor by Bureau or Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms as required by the Safe Explosives Act.
Kaman Fuzing & Precision Products
6655 E. Colonial Drive
Requisition Number: 7699
Department: Quality R/I
Location: Orlando, FL
Relocation Assistance: N/A
Shift: First (1)
Number of Openings: 1
Duties include, but are not limited to:
* Inspect all tools, gages, inspection equipment, machines and machinery components whether new or repaired or sharpened before releasing to stock or use.
* Use a variety of precision measuring instruments and make complex setups and layouts to check dimensions.
* Perform industrial x-ray and developing of film.
* Check to complex prints
* Use equipment for environmental testing of products
* Work with Tool Room personnel
* Check complex tools, gages and parts to prints
* Maintain min-max inventory on certain tools
* Make complex layouts
* Check tolerances and dimensions on machinery in plant
* Maintain gage control records and database
* Make routine gage checks/verifications, calibration on manual and automatic equipment
* Certify gages for Government acceptance
* Work with Engineers on development work
* Make dimensional checks using CMM (geometric tolerancing)
* Develop inspection programs for CMM
* Perform all related duties under this classification for the satisfactory completion of the assigned task.
* High school diploma and basic computer skills required.
* Must be able to perform basic algebra and read and comprehend verbal and written instructions.
* Use of complicated drawings, specifications, charts, and tables.
* Various tpes of precision and measuring instruments.
* Ability to use a personal computer to input data.
* Interpretation of data and measuing devices requiring advanced skills knowledge.
* Over 1 and up to and including 3 years of appicable experience is preferred, including 40 hours of documented training in radiography frmo a recognized NDT agency.
* 400 hours o documented experiencei n radiography.
* Must be able to achieve certification on NAS 410 or ANSI CP-189 requirements.
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.