3 months ago
Under supervision, maintain, control, and calibrate all measuring and test equipment (M&TE) used to determine conformance to produce quality requirements.
REQUIRED JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Maintain the Recall system using the tooling files on the main computer system. Accurate documentation of this system is required by both internal and external sources.
* Perform calibration of M&TE in accordance with ANSI Geometric and Tolerancing Specifications and Gauge Control Procedures.
* Use standard inspection equipment for calibration procedures.
* Make routine repairs of gauges and fixtures, coordinate non-routine and specialized repair with the responsible engineer.
* Issue weekly interdepartmental memos (using a personal computer) concerning overdue calibrations.
* Meet regularly with supervisors and facilitators of all department and plan the recall of M&TE around production demands.
* Orders all types of gauging and stocking the more commonly used gauges.
* Present themselves and the calibration system to internal and external auditors in a professional manner.
* Maintain tool and gauge area in a clean and orderly manner.
OPTIONAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
* Creating fixture drawings for jobs which have missing fixture blueprints.
* Use the coordinate measuring machine to calibrate fixtures.
* Train personnel in all phases of gauges and tool calibration as required.
* Assist the layout department in performing first piece layout inspection and other miscellaneous duties of a layout inspector as required.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Will be proficient with all types of dimensional inspection equipment. This includes, but is not limited to dial calipers, micrometers, dyers, height stands, digi-check gauges and sine plates.
* Must be able to perform the dimension inspection requirements of any equipment activated by the recall system.
* Must have a complete understanding of all the gauge control procedures required for calibration.
* Must have a basic understanding of shop math
* Must have a working knowledge of personal computers.
* Will be required to write informative interdepartmental memorandums and technical reports on gauge control issues.
* Must have the ability to log on, extract information and log off the main computer system.
* Must demonstrate proper procedures for updating tool calibration history files on the main computer system.
* Must possess the ability to evaluate and document inspection findings.
* Is able to self-manage in a fast-paced environment.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
* Familiar with the aspects of the casting process as they apply to gauge calibration.
* Inspector will have a minimum of 1 to 3 years CMM inspection experience.
* Basic understanding of ANSI Y 14.5 M 994 specification and the ability to read complex customer blueprints in addition to fixture blueprints.
* Will have the ability to extract and/or create drawings using CAD.
* Investment casting or manufacturing related experience.
* Reports directly to the Quality Manager
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
3 to 5 years of experience working with measurement and test equipment.
Precision Castparts Corp. is an equal opportunity employer committed to recruit, hire, train, and promote in all job categories without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status or other status protected by applicable law.