3 months ago
Barnes Aerospace MRO East Granby has an exciting and challenging career opportunity for an experienced TIG Welder/ Burr Hand. In this role you will perform diversified TIG welding duties to repair aircraft parts as well as precision burr and blend duties. This position requires considerable experience, initiative and ingenuity and the ability to work independently to produce the highest level of quality and productivity against established standards. You will work constructively with Engineering, participate in company meetings, and make effective recommendations towards improvements in processes and overall productivity. If you are a talented and self-motivated individual that enjoys a fast paced environment, please submit your resume for further consideration.
* Perform all types of TIG welding to repair/replace damaged areas and cracks on aircraft parts and fixtures. Perform TIG welding operations on aircraft components to meet NDT specifications and ensure efficient flow of work to meet production schedules and demands.
* Perform TIG welding operations on titanium, aluminum, stainless steel and Nickel alloy parts, following standardized working procedures and parameters.
* Work with Engineering to develop programs, determine new methods, develop parameters, and determine material type for new or modified products. Assist with developing new tooling ideas.
* Inspect weld for bead sized and compliance with other specifications. Blend, grind, or polish weld ensuring specified minimum wall requirement is met.
* Perform preventative maintenance and minor repairs on equipment and machines.
* Perform a variety of duties to burr and blend surfaces on aircraft engine parts according to instructions contained in operation sheets.
* Use appropriate abrasives and air guns required for each part or operation. If needed, set-up holding devices such as rotary and hydraulic tables. Use carbide drills, emery cratex and flat wheels, PSA discs, buffing and wire sheets and diamond files according to the operation requirements.
* Operate burr guns of different on operations configurations or buffing machines to bring about dimensions required sheets. Prepare first piece and submit along with appropriate documentation to In-Process Inspector. Inspect own work using micrometers, calipers, verniers, GO-NOGO gage blocks and pins and visual aids. Complete production paperwork.
* Comply with all company and safety rules and regulations. Wear necessary personal protective equipment as required.
* Provide training to others as required
* 3+ years in aerospace environment
* Ability to pass welding tests for aircraft welding certifications
* Good mathematical skills
* Knowledge/Practical experience in aerospace environment
* Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and technical documents
* Skills Desired: strong attention to detail, ability to multitask, good communications skills
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
This position is a safety sensitive position. Applicant must comply with all applicable FAA and DOT drug and alcohol testing rules
Job Location : East Granby, Connecticut, United States
Position Type : Full-Time/Regular
Experience Required : 2+ to 5 years
Intended Work Schedule : 2nd Shift 3:00pm - 11:30pm
NEW RESUME/CV +
EXISTING RESUME/CV +
Who do you know at
Barnes Group Inc.
Return to Search Results