8 months ago
STS Technical Services is hiring Thermal Spray Operators in Cincinnati, Ohio.
Note: Our staffing services come at no cost to you, the candidate. This is job seeking made simple! For more details, please contact our recruiters at.
* Follow written tech plans and instructions to apply thermal spray coatings to hardware
* Proficient with the use of coating systems including the 9MC Plasma Spray system, and TAFA Smart Arc
* Plans, develops, writes, revises, documents, tests, implements and controls programs for robots as applicable
* Operates blasting equipment to clean and prepare the surface of materials and components
* Prepares and masks parts with fixtures, rubber, tape, tafa, antibond or metal masks prior to coating
* Sets up and operates various types of manual, semi-automatic and/or robotic spray systems to apply coatings to parts
* Sets bake/cure oven controls for correct temperature and records time on process charts
* Removes masking, cleans overspray and washes parts
* Inspects surfaces visually for defects and compliance with specifications using micrometers, calipers, elcometers, profilometers, or related devices prior to and after applying coating
* Cleans and maintains spray/coating equipment, fixtures and blast cabinets
* Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes
* Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements
* Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements
* Participates in the cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements
* Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions
* Carries out other duties as assigned
* Attainment of applicable internal process stamp(s)
* Proficient in the use of precision measuring instruments
* Ability to read, understand and interpret blueprints
* The work requires you to be able to read and understand a Router that details what needs to be completed on each part, the Routers are in English, so reading, understanding, and writing in English is a requirement in order to complete the tasks at hand
* Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, reworks process instructions, original equipment manufacturer manuals and MSDS labels
* Working knowledge of production management computer system and other related internal control systems
* Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day
* Regularly required to sit and/or stand for prolonged periods
* Must be authorized to work in the U.S.
Since this is a direct hire job, our client will provide a full benefits package to you. If you would like to learn more about that package, please call.
Thanks for taking the time, and we look forward to hearing from you soon.