3 months ago
Requisition ID: 14853
Our Avionics team advances aviation electronics and information management solutions for commercial and military customers across the world. That means we’re helping passengers reach their destination safely. We’re connecting aircraft operators, airports, rail and critical infrastructure with intelligent data service solutions that keep passengers, flight crews and militaries connected and informed. And we’re providing industry-leading fire protection and safety systems that our customers can count on when it matters most. Are you ready to learn from the most knowledgeable experts in the industry, develop the technologies of tomorrow and reach new heights in your career? Join our Avionics team today.
We are currently searching for a Test Technician – Multiple Openings – 1st and 3rd shifts to join our team in Manchester, IA (1030). A comprehensive relocation package is available for qualified candidates. Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Collins Aerospace as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Collins Aerospace.
The Electronics Test Technician is an integral part of the manufacturing team and performs acceptance testing on complex avionics equipment to ensure products meet quality specifications. Technicians will engage in fault isolation for test failures and verification of repairs while working with engineers to help determine data trends and improvements.
Perform testing using DMM, oscilloscope, frequency generators, high frequency power supplies, spectrum analyzer, etc.
* Collect, document, and report on tests performed
* Evaluate test results
* Ability to read complex electronic schematics, analyze circuits and follow written work instructions
* Employ a comprehensive knowledge of electronic theory
* Basic troubleshooting and problem solving
* Capability of working independently as well as in a group setting
* High School Diploma or equivalent (GED).
* US Citizenship or Permanent Residency
* Must be able to pass an electronics skills test (59% or higher) prior to an interview
* Test covers electronic principles, test equipment, troubleshooting, and schematics
* Must have ability to read complex electronic schematics, analyze circuits and follow written work instructions
* Must be able to lift up to 55 lbs
At Collins Aerospace, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Collins Aerospace University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
* Medical, dental, and vision insurance
* Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
* Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
* Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
* An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
* Tuition reimbursement
* And more
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Collins Aerospace is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.