5 months ago
SNC is currently seeking exceptional candidates who wish to be a part of the commercial space revolution. Our fun, fast-paced and collaborative team designs, builds, and flies the Dream Chaser Cargo System, an ambitious flagship program to create our Nation's only commercially reusable space plane. With your help, we will conduct many safe and successful missions over the next decade to deliver critical cargo to and from the International Space Station. These flights for NASA will enable us to build an unprecedented commercial space transportation network around the Dream Chaser, which provides affordable, cutting-edge orbital capability and return to Earth services onto runways around the globe. The future of space transportation is now.
The Test Technician will support the development of Sierra Nevada Corporation propulsion systems and is responsible for assembly and testing of rocket hardware. This is a dynamic position that requires the flexibility to work on different systems, the ability to troubleshoot anomalies, and the ability work autonomously to defined schedules while keeping safety and quality at the forefront of everything that is done.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Under the guidance of the Test Manager or Test Engineer, the Test Technician will support the development of propulsion systems.
* Responsibilities to include the assembly, fabrication, and testing of engine hardware, propellant systems, equipment, combustion devices and propulsion components.
* Provide maintenance and operation of the test facility.
* Duties include subsystem testing and integration, test facility activation and functional verification, and anomaly debugging
* Responsible for test set-ups ensuring that test requirements are in accordance with the test procedures and quality requirements for calibration
* Collaborate with design and test engineers to develop and document activities
* Ensure all test operations are performed on time, safely, and in a professional manner
* Operate and maintain hardware, high pressure systems and pumps, other ancillary equipment including pneumatic components, and test cell instrumentation
* Must be able to perform the testing requirements professionally while being observed by the customer or Government Representative
ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Perform tasks and work per written procedures and work instructions
* Responsible for cleaning of tools, valves, regulators etc. Responsible for maintaining a professional and neat work area.
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work scheduled work hours
* Ability to travel to different sites, as needed.
* Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Ability to travel occasionally required
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarization’s only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* Candidates should possess a combination of solid mechanical knowledge, hands-on experience and the willingness and ability to learn.
* AA Degree in related discipline, 2+ Years of experience.
* Knowledge of pressure, temperature and flow measurement devices; mechanical and electrical systems; combustion devices; high pressure gas and liquid systems; hydraulics; cryogenics; and vacuum systems.
* Experience with power tools, hand tools, forklifts, cranes and heavy equipment
* Must be able to stand for extended periods – 8 hours minimum
* Must be able to lift up to 25lbs. unassisted
* Ability to use metrology equipment to measure parts such torque wrenches and scales
* Must be a creative problem solver, able to work independently or in multi-disciplinary teams
* Ability to work in both R&D and production rate environments
* Knowledge of high vacuum systems is an advantage
* Knowledge of different fittings such as NPT and A/N
* General knowledge of electronics and Test equipment is required.
* Must be able to read and understand electrical schematics and mechanical drawings
* Ability to work effectively in a team environment and adapt to rapidly changing requirements
* Obtain and maintain licenses, operator permits, or certifications as required
* A & P license desired.
* Security clearance desirable.
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.