4 months ago
Maintains, repairs, and overhauls aircraft engines, modules, components and accessories to assure compliance with established company standards, contractual obligations and airworthiness regulatory requirements. Performs technical troubleshooting using mechanical ability and extensive product knowledge. Maintains and repairs facility equipment to ensure operational readiness of the facility for the test campaign/plan. Cross trains in other complementary skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Performs dismantling and assembly of complete engines, modules, components and assemblies in accordance with all customer, regulatory, and company requirements using hand or power tools.
- Performs dismantle and assembly of test facility equipment such as pumps, motors, regulators,
- Troubleshoots to identify problems and adjusts and repairs products according to specifications and established procedures.
- Interprets technical specifications, directives and relevant publications to identify product discrepancies and deficiencies.
- Interprets technical standards, drawings, specifications, and other relevant documentation using mechanical precision measuring tools and instruments as required; verifies the conformance of parts to manuals and blueprints with respect to measurements.
- Uses machines, tools, jigs, fixtures, gauges, plant equipment and consumables necessary to carry out the required tasks.
- Checks for serviceability, conformity documentation completeness and compatibility to applicable standards.
- Replaces defective parts and reassembles units ensuring conformance with applicable Transport Canada regulations and manufacturer's specifications.
- Maintains detailed repair and certification records and reports of work performed.
- Assures that only airworthy equipment is available for the safe and timely completion of customer's engines, modules, components and assemblies.
- Participates in continuous improvement of cell processes.
- Cross trains in other complementary skills and seeks endorsements for those skills as needed to support production requirements.
- Moves between production assignments that utilize multiple skills endorsements as needed to support production requirements.
- Participates in cross training of other technicians as needed to support production requirements.
- Responsible for observing all applicable safety requirements and reporting immediately any unsafe practices/conditions.
- Carries out other duties as assigned.
- Ability to read, understand and interpret schematics, graphs, blueprints, and other technical information.
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds (unassisted) for approximately 25% of the average work day.
- Must be able/willing to work irregular shifts with call in to meet customer expectations and requirements
- Must be able/willing to work overtime as required to meet customer expectations and requirements
- Must be able/willing to work shifts as required to meet customer expectations and requirements
- Must be able to comfortably work at heights up to 60 ft
- Must be able/willing to work in extreme cold conditions
- Must be able to operate heavy equipment such as forklifts, aerial/scissor lifts, and other specialized site equipment
- Regularly required to stand for prolonged periods.
- High degree of mechanical aptitude, accuracy and precision.
- Extensive product knowledge of respective business segment.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in the proper use of precision measuring equipment.
- Working knowledge of production management computer systems and other related internal control systems.
- Working knowledge of related company instructions, company processes, overhaul manuals, and original equipment manufacturer's manuals.
- Specialized training in engineering or aircraft maintenance (AME, CAMC, A & P, AMT); or equivalent.
- Experience as an aircraft mechanic in an aerospace environment.
- Experience as a test operator in a test cell or engine run up experience on an aircraft
- Job grade dependent on qualifications (T5,T6, T7)
Sr. Manager, HR/Training
CF34 / CFM56 & GE TRDC