8 months ago
Requisition ID: 12668
Want to work with some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet? Do you value relationships, commitment, innovation and integrity? Want to be a part of a company that has been named numerous times as America’s Best Employer in Aerospace and Defense by Forbes magazine?
Then Rockwell Collins is the place for you. Join our team and build a rewarding career while helping to deliver the most trusted source of aviation and high-integrity solutions in the world.
We are currently searching for a Test Technician – First Shift to join our team in Wilsonville, OR (1700). Employing some of the most talented, dedicated people on the planet is not by chance. People from all over the globe choose Rockwell Collins as the place to build a rewarding career, while helping create and deliver communications, integration, and engineering solutions that our global customers demand so that our world keeps moving and stays connected. It’s an exciting time to become a part of our team. Join us and discover how high your career can soar at Rockwell Collins.
Applies principles and theories of electronics, electrical circuitry, engineering mathematics, electronic and electrical testing and physics
* Performs a variety of technical tasks which require a moderate understanding of test objectives.
* Provides support to areas such as test, manufacturing or process improvement.
* Perform as a member of a technical team utilizing effective communication skills. Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit.
* Receptive to mentoring from peers in technical community. Participates in developing new approaches and techniques to achieve continuous improvement in all work processes.
* Manual testing
* Documentation of job specific activities such as electronic design, modifications, data collection, calibration, and Design of Experiment data.
* Able to utilize schematics, procedures, engineering drawings, and follow written/verbal instructions, including test procedures.
* Support TPM requirements, i.e. routine maintenance
* Operate in accordance with corporate, operations, and division policies, procedures and practices in compliance with accepted business ethics. Adheres to all applicable environmental, safety and health procedures.
* Applies electronic theory to test and troubleshoot electronic product which requires a moderate to advanced understanding of the general technical aspects of the position.
* Establishes new approaches and techniques to achieve continuous improvement in all work processes.
* May provide assistance to less experienced technical employees.
* Perform as member of a team utilizing effective communication skills. Actively participates in team decision making. Contacts include Engineers and leadership.
* Flexibility to support production schedule requiring working overtime hours and alternate shift hours.
* High School Diploma or equivalent
* US Citizen or Permanent Residency
* Must be able to pass an Electronic Skills Test
* Have a solid understanding of Electronic Theory
* Troubleshooting experience
* Associates Degree in an electronic related field
At Rockwell Collins, we believe a solid work-life balance creates a healthy lifestyle and inspires creativity and innovation. We value our people and invest in their development, growth and success at our company by providing development opportunities through Rockwell Collins University, networking, mentoring, and tuition reimbursement.
And that’s just for starters.
Some of our competitive benefits package includes:
Medical, dental, and vision insurance
Three weeks of vacation for newly hired employees
Company-paid winter holiday shutdown for most locations
Generous 401(k) plan that matches 62.5 percent of the first 8 percent of eligible compensation you contribute (or 5 percent if you save 8 percent)
An Incentive Pay Plan based upon company performance
Interested yet? Apply now and embark on your next worthwhile adventure!
Rockwell Collins is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other protected status.