3 months ago
TEST Navigation Instructor
Specific Job Description
Duties / Responsibilities:
* Deliver Navigation Subsystem Trident Engineering Support Trainer (TEST) training courses at basic and advanced level as directed.
* Support RN delivered SWS training as directed in accordance with the service level agreement.
* Assist the TEST team in the delivery of other TEST courses within the bounds of personal competence.
* Produce course reports for Navigation course delivery, write technical reports as required.
* Update training material following course delivery, feedback, and changes to source documentation.
* Assist the TEST training design staff as the Navigation Subsystem subject matter expert in developing, maintaining, updating training material when assigned, ensuring content is technically accurate and up to date.
* Interface with internal and external stakeholders on Navigation issues as required.
* Attend required facility training as assigned and as required.
* Responsible for maintaining a working knowledge and understanding of approved Trident documentation, mandatory health and safety legislation, acceptance standards and directives to ensure compliance with Trident Programme and Company requirements
Job Reference Number
Hours Per Week
Shift work details
United Kingdom (UK)
Lockheed Martin UK – Strategic Systems (LMUK SS) is the single contractor providing specialist Waterfront In-Service Support to the Royal Navy's Trident Strategic Weapon System (SWS). The company plays a supporting role in the operational readiness of the nation's nuclear deterrent on board VANGUARD class Trident Submarines and provides the Ministry of Defence (MoD) with safe, efficient and responsive support. LMUK SS, as part of the ABL Alliance with AWE and Babcock, is also responsible for the management of operations at the Royal Naval Armaments Depot Coulport (RNAD(C)). Looking to the future, LMUK SS supports the joint US and UK submarine design efforts in New London Connecticut and Barrow-in–Furness.
Clearance Required for Role
Graduate, Intern or Apprentice Vacancy?
Required skills, qualifications and experience
* Experience of technical instructional delivery
* Experience of the SWS and its subsystems in an engineering capacity.
* Possess clear and concise oral and written communication skills.
* Be IT literate to an appropriate standard in PC based systems with awareness of the Microsoft Office Suite.
* Excellent organisational and workload management skills
* Strong communication, verbal and presentation skills
* Results oriented with strong interpersonal skills to achieve success
* Possess first rate customer facing skills
* Have evidence of ability and willingness to adapt within a dynamic environment.
* Be motivated, reliable, show initiative and be able to work to deadlines.
Desired skills, qualifications and experience
* Knowledge of the PSA and how it impacts UK training documentation
* Experience in delivering training for SWS equipment, ideally the Navigation.
* Capable of building and maintaining customer relationships and debating technical issues with both Customer and Accreditor
* Knowledge of FOST Quality Processes
Typical minimum education & experience:
* Qualified to HNC level in a related discipline or equivalent experience/combined education
Equal Opportunity Statement
Lockheed Martin recognises and actively promotes the benefits of a diverse workforce and is committed to treating all employees with dignity and respect regardless of race, gender, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion or belief. Discrimination on any of these grounds is expressly forbidden. We therefore welcome applications from all sections of the community.