9 months ago
Leads, designs and develops highly complex engineering standards and tests to evaluate the function of products and systems. Develops and implements procedures for product testing, reviews and evaluates test results, and recommends production or design changes to ensure quality and performance standards.
Duties and Responsibilities
* Defines, documents, analyzes, performs, and interprets highly complex developmental tests for new and/or modified products or product components.
* Primary liaison with outside suppliers in establishing or modifying specifications for purchased items.
* Devises and applies testing procedures for parts or subassemblies received from outside vendors.
* Leads the development, maintenance and refinement of internal quality control and reliability programs.
* Leads, plans, develops, coordinates, and implements highly complex engineering projects. Ensures the technical accuracy of the results obtained
* Performs highly complex analysis and trouble-shooting.
* Evaluates progress and results of project and recommends new methods to improve project design, procedures and performance.
* Identifies opportunities for new program initiatives and follow-on tasking for current projects and participates in proposal efforts.
* Carries out highly complex assignments requiring the development of new research concepts or improvement of current techniques and procedures
* Primary liaison with other departments, divisions, and organizations.
* Regularly participates in the activities of professional societies.
* Develops and maintains frequent contacts with customers including those at levels above the project monitor
* Prepares and assists others in the development of status reports, letters, technical memoranda, contact reports, technical analyses or other outputs needed.
* Prepares and provides formal briefings to staff and customers and participates in technical discussions at project review sessions and in negotiations with the customer.
* Provides work leadership to less experienced Test Engineers.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor’s degree in engineering or a related scientific discipline plus at least 8 years of directly related experience or a Master’s degree and 6 years of experience.
* Project management experience.
* In some cases, educational requirements may be adjusted or waived for more than 10 years applicable work experience. Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience for positions involving new technology or labor market shortages as reflected by market survey data.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
* Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
* Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
* Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite programs, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
* Knowledge of the principles, practices, and procedures used in test engineering.
* A security clearance of an appropriate level may be required after employment.
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.