8 months ago
Thursday, September 14, 2017
Working under the general direction of engineering management, the Test Engineer III is responsible for the testing, analysis, and troubleshooting of company products and/or components.
Kaman Fuzing & Precision Products
217 Smith Street
Location: Middletown, CT
Under the general direction of Test Engineering Manager, responsibility for the development of manual and automated testing systems which include electrical design, automation software development, troubleshooting and maintaining all aspects including documentation. Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
* System design with the abilities to plan, specify and carry out development of a new test systems from quote through acceptance. Responsible for cost, schedules and technical performance of assigned projects.
* Circuit design: using sound theoretical and analytics using circuit simulators (such as PSPICE or equivalent electronic analysis tools), schematic capture and circuit board layout using an integrated design tool such as Altima or ORCAD.
* Through the extensive use of LabVIEW software development, maintain software using techniques of source control. The abilities to comment code for maintainability as well as provide theory of operations when applicable is required.
* Analyze problems using tools such as design of experiments (DOE), root cause analysis and corrective actions (RCCA) while capturing best practices and lessons learned.
* Conduct design reviews for hardware and software as well as documentation packages consisting of schematics, production procedures and calibration procedures. Establish and maintain effective communications with internal/external customers to facilitate problem identification/resolution. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, on design and/or test system repair concepts through a diverse subject matter as well as with company employees and customers.
* The ability to apply sound engineering practices and mathematics to solve problems not limited to electrically, software and mechanically systems.
* Ability to obtain and maintain security clearance
* Broad knowledge of an advanced and technically specific field of engineering, with concentration in at least one of the following disciplines: electrical/electronics, systems, software, and computer engineering
* Bachelor's degree in engineering required, Master's preferred
* Ability to implement engineering designs from concept to final hardware
* Working knowledge of MS Office Suite products, including MS Project software
* Knowledge of standard concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field
* Fluent verbal/written communication skills
Reasonable Accommodation Requests
Qualified individuals with a disability have the right to request a reasonable accommodation. If you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access our career website as a result of your disability, request a reasonable accommodation.
All positions at Kaman Aerospace Group require access to information or technology that is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and other US government security regulations. These laws do not permit access rights to non-US citizens or to other unauthorized individuals. Therefore, presently, all applicants must be US Citizens or US Permanent Residents ("green card holders") and/or otherwise comply with ITAR requirements for access rights to be considered for a position.
Kaman Aerospace is an EO Employer-M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other protected class.