8 months ago
The Test Engineer is responsible for developing formal production tests for components, subassemblies, assemblies and systems. This includes writing formal Desktop Instructions (DI-), In-Process Test procedures (IPT), and Acceptance Test Procedures (ATP). The Test Engineer is responsible for the development and the design of any special test equipment (STE) and fixtures in support of development and production testing. The Test Engineer also provides technical testing support to the Test Technicians.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Creating technical documentation for test related activities, to include: Test Plans, Test Procedures, and Test Reports.
* Conducting Verification and Validation of test requirements, to include: test set-up, test execution, and hands-on troubleshooting
* Interfacing with the customer to determine test requirements, measures of performance, coordination with program, and post-test presentation of results.
* Able to work in a fast-paced aerospace environment
* Self motivated and self directed
* Confident in producing results across multiple platforms
* Candidate will also be responsible presenting test plans and procedures to internal and external customers.
* Some integration tasks will take place at off-site locations, therefore the ability to travel is required.
* Punctuality to work each day and prepared to work abnormal schedules when test demands dictate.
* Other duties as assigned
Responsible for thoughtful adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance regulations (internal and external)
* Responsible for timely execution of all personnel-related activities such as Time Sheet completion, Task scheduling, Planning, etc.
* Responsible for leadership oversight and for ensuring Department/Team training and adherence to all SNC Policies, Procedures, and Compliance Regulations (internal and external) ( for Supervisor Level and Above)
* Minimum physical requirements to perform all duties and responsibilities, as defined by management
* SNC job descriptions are meant as summarizations only. They do not necessarily reflect all duties and responsibilities of a position
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
* 2+ Years of experience.
* BS in an engineering/technical field
* Prior direct experience in systems integration/test engineering on hardware-based systems
* Test experience including technical documentation to support test activities through flight test and delivery
* Experience with test and troubleshooting equipment.
* Familiarity with technical documentation, design drawings, and troubleshooting techniques that may involve interpretation of wiring diagrams, block diagrams, and hardware integration procedures.
* Experience with Military, Medical, or Automotive test standards and procedures
* Lab VIEW, MatLAB, SOLIDWORKS
* Maintenance of test equipment (hand on experience with power tools)
* Test fixture design
* Basic machine shop experience
* Environmental testing with vibration, shock, temperature cycling, humidity, and differential pressure a plus.
* Lift over 50 lbs.
* Minimum Fundamental Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities as stated in the SNC Responsibility Matrix
To conform to U.S. Government export regulations, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
Sierra Nevada Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer
– Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran, or any other protected status
pursuant to applicable local, state or federal law, ordinance or regulation.