5 months ago
Req #: 218415
Location: Reston, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
As the Test Engineer you will operate as a system tester and must have excellent software testing and communication skills. You will be motivated and must be able to perform independently.
You will develop manual test cases and test procedures as well as automated test scripts. You will have a strong background in manual and functional testing and be able to solve problems through creative thinking.
Specific RESPONSIBILITIES include:
* Perform operations and maintenance and enhancement testing.
* Analyze business requirements and technical specifications.
* Create and maintain test plans that define test methods, approach, and tools.
* Develop test cases, test procedures, and requirements traceability matrices.
* Ensure all test environments are setup to meet test objectives.
* Perform software system testing, end-to-end testing, regression testing, and automated testing.
* Execute the application's automation test suite, troubleshooting failures and script issues.
* Document test results, and compile results of other testers into consolidated reports.
* Create test discrepancy reports and track them to resolution.
* Provide subject matter expertise on software functionality and business processes.
* Prepare milestone status reports and deliveries/presentations on the system test and evaluation concept to colleagues, subordinates, and end user representatives.
* Test system modifications to prepare for implementation.
* Collaborate with field staff or customers to evaluate or diagnose problems and recommend possible solutions.
* Coordinate user or third party testing.
* Conduct historical analyses of test results.
* Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
* Make recommendations, if needed, on test and evaluation strategies for major systems installations.
* Estimate software-testing costs and schedule.
* Other duties as assigned.
You will bring the following:
* Previous software testing experience.
* Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
* Good verbal and written communication skills.
* Experience with the agile software development lifecycle.
* Ability to multi-task while maintaining a professional demeanor.
* Demonstrated positive attitude and team player with solid collaboration skills.
* Previously produced user application system requirements documentation.
* Experience designing, defining and documenting unit and application test plans.
* Experience transforming test plans into test scripts and executing the scripts.
* Experience using issue tracking systems (preferably Jira).
* Demonstrated debugging skills (white vs. black box testing).
You will have one of the following:
* 12 Years of job related experience and High School/GED diploma
* 10 Years of job related experience and Associate degree
* 8 Years of job related experience and Bachelor’s degree
* 6 Years of job related experience and Master’s degree
* 4 Years of job related experience and Doctorate
It would be nice if you had the following:
* Experience designing/developing automated testing scripts.
* Automated testing experience, specifically Selenium development.
* Ability to write SQL queries (SQL Server, Oracle).
* Agile project experience.
* Previously performed risk management assessments of software/hardware development efforts with emphasis on analysis of user requirements, test design, and test tools selection.
* Ability to Install and configure re-creations of software production environments to allow testing of software performance.
* Installing, maintaining, and using software testing programs.
* AWS (not required, but desirable)
9am to 3pm
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.