6 months ago
Terminal Services Supervisor
3 months ago(12/17/2018 4:03 PM)
# of Openings
Polar Air Cargo
Monitors aircraft, employee and contractor safety, vehicle damage, weight and balance, HAZMAT placement and reporting, pallet build-up and aircraft loading/unloading and aircraft movement.
* Identifies and rectifies immediate problems.
* Assesses and makes recommendations to management, or when applicable, acts on alternatives for the terminal to make up for lost time when aircraft are behind published schedule.
* Monitors weight billed to actual weight, completes CCA’s and notifies appropriate company contracts.
* Identifies loss of pallet/nets/straps, researches reasons and notifies management and/or corporate of losses and/or reasons.
* Monitors accuracy and completeness of pallets/nets/straps control of information and ensures inaccurate information is updated and any underlying issues are resolved.
* Monitors data entry accuracy and completeness, corrects inaccurate information and ensures any underlying issues are resolved.
* Ensures the safety of aircraft and crews by
* Preventing aircrafts damage
* Ensuring proper loading and weight and balance preparation, including nets and locks.
* Ensuring HAZMAT is handled correctly, including re-loading and paperwork.
* Ensures that employees and/contractors adhere to company and governmental safety regulations and procedures.
* Monitors employees and/or contractors compliance with regulations and procedures pertaining to vehicle safety.
* Ensures that terminal services perform tasks for aircraft to arrive and depart as scheduled.
* Ensures company customers receive correct freight at appropriate locations within necessary time frames by making certain that freight and paperwork are handled correctly, including freight check-in and paper.
* Ensures that weight billed and actual weight agree, creates CCA’s to correct differences and follows company notification procedures.
* Monitors company and/or contract personnel’s compliance with pallet/nets/straps procedures and monitors pallets/nets/straps system to ensure meets the company needs.
* Maintains and provides pallets, nets, and straps control information to terminal management and/or corporate and notifies terminal management and/or corporate about damage equipment.
* Maintains current passport and, when requested, travels to other stations to perform loadmaster duties.
* Ensures employees understand and adhere to terminal operations and governmental systems, policies and procedures appropriate to their jobs.
* Monitors terminal and aircraft safety and ensures appropriate HAZMAT placement and reporting.
* Creates and environment that encourages teamwork by:
* Establishing and maintain working relationships with handlers, terminal maintenance staff and/or contract personnel
* Informing management of unique or difficult situations.
* Completes and/or maintains reports, messages, files logs and forms.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Two years as an Ops Agent, or equivalent experience.
* Prior Weight and Balance experience and ability to become current on PO/5Y system.
* Prior DG experience and ability to become current on PO/5Y system.
* Prior experience with a scheduled service operation.
* Ability and flexibility to travel domestically and internationally.