about 1 month ago
Telecom Security Engineer - Raleigh, NC
Job ID: 461974BR Date posted: Nov. 19, City: Raleigh State: North CarolinaProgram: USPS
Description:Lockheed Martin invites you to step up to one of today’s most daunting yet rewarding challenges as a Lockheed Martin Cyber Security professional. You’ll protect the networks that our citizens and the world depend upon each minute: Point of Sales Financial Assets, Critical infrastructure, Transportation, Automation and the uninterrupted flow of materials throughout the world which keeps our modern life moving. Here, you’ll work with cybersecurity experts on the forefront of threat prediction, detection and eradication before an adversary could gain a foot hold, using industry leading methodologies and tools. In this fast-paced, real-world environment, you’ll draw on all of your education and experience as well as the vast resources of Lockheed Martin Corporation to keep cyber threats at bay.
The candidate will be a member of the Lockheed Martin Cyber Solutions Team supporting a US Government and commercial customer. You will join the security team of a major nationwide organization, with thousands of sites, to continually improve its complex multi-protocol nationwide network. Plan and carry out security measures in accordance with the organizations information security strategy in order to monitor and protect sensitive data and mobile devices from infiltration and cyber-attacks. Implement security standards and best practices, and recommend security enhancements for mobile computing.
Candidate will utilize mobile device management, unified endpoint management, mobile threat defense, and other systems to protect the organization’s sensitive information. Monitor mobile and telecom infrastructure and devices for security breaches or intrusions.
Assist end-users with being compliant to security policies and to remediate instances of non-compliance.
Develop strategies to respond to and recover from vulnerabilities, security breaches, infiltrations and cyber-attacks and build awareness on information security.
• Knowledge of Network Design patterns
• Knowledge of Wireless Network Design patterns
• Knowledge of principles, practices, methods, terminology and trends in communications engineering
• Knowledge of risk assessment methods, tools, and technologies
• Professional experience in a Network administration role supporting multiple platforms, applications, and users
• Experience planning, researching, and developing security policies within a mobile and telecom computing environment
• Ability to communicate security issues to peers and management both orally and in writing
• CERTIFICATIONS: (One or more desired) CISSP, CEH, SFCP, GCIA, ISSEP, ISSMP, GCIH, GCFA, CSLC, CISM, or CCNP
• : Must be able to obtain a Position of Public Trust Designation - US Citizen or Green Card Holder. Willingness to submit to a Tier 5 Single-Scope Background Investigation (SSBI).
• Strong verbal and written communications skills; must be able to effectively communicate technical details and thoughts in non-technical/general terminology to various levels of the organization.
• Work well in team environments with internal and external resources as well as work independently on tasks
• Strong organizational, and time management skills
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status. Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They’re dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin’s vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers’ toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.
Experience Level: Experienced Professional Business Unit: ESS6500 RMS Relocation Available: No Career Area: Information Security/Information Assurance Clearance Level: Public Trust Type: Task Order/IDIQ Virtual Location: no Work Schedule: TEMPO: 5X8 - 5 days/wk 8 hrs/day (Flex & Rigid) Shift: First