Technology Research Engineer
Full time permanent
South East Wales
Our customer is a leading name in the aerospace manufacturing sector, due to a period of heightened growth, they are seeking to appoint a Technology Research Engineer, to join their operation in South East Wales
* Undertake innovative technical research activities in product design, testing and integration, focused on developing seating products
* Support the research activity of Universities and other Technology Partners.
* Support, collaborate and drive R&T initiatives/projects as part of a global R&D team
* Co-ordinate the release of data to support technology implementation at project launch.
* Analyse and interpret the results of own research, generate conclusions and make necessary recommendations.
* Scout for and identify emerging technologies and their potential.
* Arrange and analyse technology trends and complete Technology Readiness Level assessments.
* Supervise and support temporary R&T staff such as University Interns, Graduate Engineers etc.
* Promote Engineering capabilities through publications in International journals.
* Attend conferences and exhibitions to collect and assess technical information.
* Liaise with both internal and external customers.
* Any other reasonable duties as required.
Skills & Experience
The ideal candidate should:-
* Be forward thinking with knowledge in a specialized Engineering field.
* Have experience in a Research & Development field within engineering.
* Be qualified to Honours Degree or equivalent level in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Aerospace Engineering or Materials Science; Master's Degree preferred.
* Have strong analytical and problem solving skills with a pragmatic hands on approach.
* Have knowledge in design of mechanical components and academic experience of product/process/materials development.
* Demonstrate strong communication skills including verbal, written and formal presentations.
* Hold data analysis skills including the use of appropriate data handling software
* Track record of technical research in the relevant fields. (Desired)
* Experience of project management. (Desired)
* Knowledge of Microsoft applications (e.g. Word, Excel, Outlook, Powerpoint, Project, Access)
* Experience of engineering design packages (e.g. Catia, Nastran)
* Self reliant, hard working, pro-active, motivated and an achiever.
* Full UK driving licence and valid passport essential as travel may be required.
Contact Simon Portway