about 1 month ago
Technologist, Structural Designer- Level 2, Engineering – Liaison -
L3 Technologies MAS, located in Mirabel (QC), is a subsidiary of L3Harris Technologies, Inc.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers’ mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers’ mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
At L3 MAS you will:
Contribute to the continuous improvement of the company and be recognized for your impact;
* Enjoy a flexible work schedule allowing you to conciliate work-life balance;
* Participate in gathering sports and social activities organized by the staff for the staff;
* Have access to exclusive on-site services such as massotherapy, cafeteria with outdoor patio, fitness and language classes, seasonal tire change, annual vaccination clinic, charging stations for electric vehicles and more;
* Benefit from a Comprehensive Employee Benefits Package, including a customizable group insurance plan that fits your needs and lifestyle, and a Group RRSP with contribution match-up.
The candidate's main mandate will be to evaluate the anomalies / damage / wear observed by the inspectors and maintenance technicians in Mirabel, to design structural repairs on military or civilian aircraft, including their components and in close collaboration with different partners (stress analyst, production, procurement, methods, etc.)
* Read and understand manufacturing, modification drawings;
* Investigate faulty or damaged components and assemblies to determine their causes;
* Design repair solutions to restore "fit, form and function" as well as the structural integrity of the damaged structure. The solutions must be in accordance with the customer's requirements, civil (FAR, TC, AWM), military (MIL-STD or other) and / or corporate standards in place, as well as those of safety, environment and ergonomics;
* Support activities related to the incorporation of repairs and modifications;
* Act as an intermediary with the managers, the aircraft maintenance / repair team and the engineering team for any derogation issues.
DEC, Aerospace Engineering Techniques or equivalent;
2-5 years of relevant work experience;
* Experience as a MRB Eng an asset;
* CATIA V5 (or V6) knowledge and SAP an asset;
* MS Office Word and Excel knowledge required;
* Experience in manufacturing / repairing composite materials an asset;
* Bilingual French, English (oral and written) is required;
* Experience in production or maintenance environment required;
* Behavioral skills: being a team player, resourceful, organized, ability to prioritize in an environment with strong time constraints, customer-oriented;
* Strong problem solving skills;
* To be able to work in multidisciplinary groups.
Operational requirements :
Must be eligible for registration to the Controlled Goods Program;
* Must be eligible to obtaining and maintaining the government of Canada’s “Reliability” status and Level 2 (Secret) security clearance;
* Location not accessible via public transportation, car required.
L3 Harris Technologies is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, provincial or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.
We thank all applicants for their interest but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
CAN Security Clearance Required: NATO Secret
: Day - 1st
: Yes, 10 % of the Time
: Division L3 MAS