6 months ago
Research Technician to work with HTL engineers and other research technicians to carry-out work orders related to rolling, forging, heat treating, welding, machining, and metal fabrication/processing.
* Forging, rolling, heat treating, cutting, welding metal
* Maintaining equipment
* Participate in 5S initiatives for the hot-working area
* Understanding basic elements of Safe Work Practices
* Ability to learn and apply work practices detailed in Standard Operating Procedures
* Good mechanical aptitude and understanding of mechanical systems
* Able to adapt mechanical knowledge/skills to apply to new situations
* Ability to follow written instructions
* Good written and verbal communication skills
* Perform basic arithmetic
* Lift greater than 50lbs
* Basic computer skills including MS Excel and Word
* Familiarity with welding equipment, saw, drill presses, forklift and hand tools.
* Previous work experience doing non routine work in a light/heavy industrial environment or equivalent in research environment is preferred.