about 1 month ago
Technician - MCO
Requisition Post Information* : Posted Date
4 weeks ago(4/22/2019 5:11 PM)
# of Openings
Technicians ensure aircraft are maintained with the highest degree of safety and are ready for scheduled flights.
* Perform day to day planned and unplanned Aircraft Maintenance on A320 family aircraft.
* Perform maintenance in compliance with Company Manuals & Federal Regulations.
* Complete required training and actively maintain training currency as defined in Company Manuals.
* Participate actively in the development and improvement of maintenance methods.
* Maintain Line Maintenance related tooling, stands and ground equipment.
* Perform all aspects of Line Maintenance. (Troubleshooting, Engine Run & Taxi, etc.)
* Communicate with Maintenance Control as defined in the GMM.
* Perform all work tasks with a high level of quality and safety.
* Ensure all paperwork and records are completed and handled as outlined in the Company Manuals & Federal Regulations.
* Provide regular predictable attendance.
* May perform other responsibilities as assigned. Responsibilities and duties may change when circumstances dictate. (e.g. emergencies change in workload, rush jobs or technical developments.)
* High School Diploma or GED.
* Bachelor's degree preferred.
* Hold a current Airframe and Powerplant Certification.
* Must possess and maintain a valid US Passport.
* Must meet the recent experience requirements in accordance with 14 CR 65.83.
* Willing and able to work any shift.
* Ability to lift up to 85 lbs.; clearly write, read, and speak the English language; Squat, bend and climb regularly; work off of stands and lift trucks.
* Ability to read wire diagrams and disseminate various levels of work instruction related to Line Maintenance and Aircraft Modification.
* Be able to qualify for airport security badge and customs seal.
* Ability to travel to remote locations and countries to perform maintenance.
* 2-5 years air carrier commercial aircraft maintenance experience preferred.
* A320 Family aircraft experience preferred.
* Sheet metal and Avionics skills are preferred.
*Please be advised that you will be asked to complete a required assessment to be considered for this position. This assessment will be emailed to you after you apply. Please be sure to check your Spam folder and/or junk mail if you did not receive it.
We offer a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits to our team members including medical, dental, STD, LTD, life insurance, 401(k), paid time off, travel benefits and much more. We strive to maintain a professional, yet friendly environment and promote professional and career development for our team members.
Spirit Airlines is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities, and all other applicable employment laws and regulations. It is our intent to maintain a workplace free from harassment, discrimination, and retaliation because of age, sex (including pregnancy), race, national origin, disability, color, religion, genetic information, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, or any other status protected by federal, state or local laws.